Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Cordite
  • 1 Post By 223nut
  • 2 Post By chainsaw

Thread: Bog pod rapid shooting rest

Bog pod rapid shooting rest

Has anyone had any experience with one of these?

I have a fixed Harris 6-9 inch and have been thinking I should get a tilt/cant model. I really like the idea of the Javelin bipods but not so much the price given it wouldn't get that much use, these bog pods seem like a viable alternative with some obvious limitations, any thoughts?

https://www.reloaders.co.nz/shop/Acc...%23110113.html

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Inspiring name. This Bog Pod will work at a pinch with a bit of bungee. Won't add to weight carried, can even be fixed to the gun.

Name:  108819816-two-rolls-of-toilet-paper.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  19.0 KB
    257weatherby and Flyblown like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Inspiring name. This Bog Pod will work at a pinch with a bit of bungee. Won't add to weight carried, can even be fixed to the gun.

Attachment 101099
    Won't go so well on a rainy day...
    Cordite likes this.

What have you done @Brakelie, Reloaders have removed the product.

I was going for something along these lines I would want it to be a lot taller so that I can use it in the sitting position. A 7”-11” Bog Pod offers no real advantages over a taller bipod like the one I use, what I would want is something that enables me to get over the top of long grass at this time of the year.

I have an adapter that I carved out of a plastic block, it screws into my camera tripod. It works really well for sitting shots.The only problem with any of these types of systems is that they are not exactly lightning fast to set up and can be a little noisy.
    Last edited by Flyblown; 18-12-2018 at 01:44 PM.

you could try one of these .....Name:  human bipod.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  48.3 KB
    Brakelie and gonetropo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post

I was going for something along these lines I would want it to be a lot taller so that I can use it in the sitting position. A 7”-11” Bog Pod offers no real advantages over a taller bipod like the one I use, what I would want is something that enables me to get over the top of long grass at this time of the year.

I have an adapter that I carved out of a plastic block, it screws into my camera tripod. It works really well for sitting shots.The only problem with any of these types of systems is that they are not exactly lightning fast to set up and can be a little noisy.
    Any pictures?
    I'm wanting to get saddle or equivalent for my tripod, not wanting to spend too much in case I don't end up liking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post

I ordered it! Must have been the last one. I didn't hear anything critical of them so thought I would give it a go.

There are longer bog pod bipods if you search their site.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk