Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bolt action rifle recommendation

That old boy at the range who spends 40 minutes setting up his $6000 safe queen bolt action, bench rest, spotting scope and chronograph, then stands in the corner talking to his mates because he can only afford to fire his $8 per round rifle five times per range trip.

Then he stands there scowling at you while you plink with your SKS because those youngins shouldn't have those military rifles I tell ya hwat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWuce View Post
    That old boy at the range who spends 40 minutes setting up his $6000 bolt action, bench rest, spotting scope and chronograph, then stands in the corner talking to his mates because he can only afford to fire his $8 per round rifle five times per range trip.

Then he stands there scowling at you while you plink with your SKS because those youngins shouldn't have those military rifles I tell ya hwat.
    well thats not me thankfully. if i had a $6000 rifle I would shoot the hell out of it even at $10 per shot
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Yeah if I'm honest when I can eventually afford my single shot .50 BMG I'll be that old fudd standing around not being able to afford to shoot it haha.

Back in the day I was selling an SKS on trade me and some guy offered to trade me a big bore Safari gun. I can't remember what the gun or round was but I checked ammo prices and they were like $8.50 per round. I told him I was tempted but wasn't in a position to piss away $8 per trigger pull at this point in my life, but he reassured me he would keep reloading them and sell me rounds for only $6.50 each. I turned down his generous offer and ended up keeping the SKS.

there have been some ABSOLUTELY MINT bsa rifles come up lately....they are a bit of a classic a solid work rifle and arguably cheap to shoot...that trebly was an absolute beautiful thing to behold.....