Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By R93
  • 2 Post By Bill999

Thread: boresighters

boresighters

Hey all
    Have put a couple of rounds down the spout of the recently purchased 223 and have yet to find the paper.......Has anone in the Oamaru area got a boresighter or perhaps a collimator that will fit a 223 that i could borrow for a couple of hours.
    Cheers Matt

Re: boresighters

Use a bipod or some way to set your gun up . Take the bolt out and look down the bore and line up on a small object a 20-30 meters away. Now adjust your scope to same object. Now shot on paper at same distance and adjust to get it bang on. You will be on paper at 100 and probably very clos to zero

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

As above but will add it is better to look down the bore from further away(like eye behind the butt pad) especially with the bigger bores.
    If you have your eye in the usuall place its a very large hole and small bit of paper.(not so bad with a 22 cal ).
    Should eaisly get on paper @ 25-50 adjust then out to a hundred, with practice you will be on at a hundred using this method.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

R93

boresighters

Deprime a case fired in your rifle, place firmly in chamber. Set rifle up to aim at a mark no more than 10m away. It is generally the distance your bore and crosshair will intersect and that will have you sweet to get on paper to at least 50m.
    Works everytime for me at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So please forgive my sausage fingers!!!
    SIKAHUNTER likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

AB Precision

Re: boresighters

I do all off the above but do it as something 300m plus away an 9 times out of 10 ill be 2" off the aim point at 100m

sent from my Samsung s3 using tapatalk 2

and if all else fails get a farkin huge target and go real close.

then move back from there
    tui_man2 and Bryan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinehunter0 View Post
    Hey all
    Have put a couple of rounds down the spout of the recently purchased 223 and have yet to find the paper.......Has anone in the Oamaru area got a boresighter or perhaps a collimator that will fit a 223 that i could borrow for a couple of hours.
    Cheers Matt
    Hey Matt

If you're still wanting one flick me a PM and I can courier you one for the weekend

All of you seem to boresight pretty close i have always used a tree on a hilltop on the horizon 10km at least away. works primo

I use a vent on a roof 400 mts down road , had a juggle round of my scopes a few weeks ago swapped my 270 , 223 and 22 . Surprised myself how close to zero I got them . I thought I had fluked the first one , but soon worked out I was on the money with all 3. Would have been close enough for bush shooting . .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

did the guy not put a colimeter to bore sight the scope on the rifle before sending you home with it. As the others have said the best way is center the bore on the bulls eye of the target and adjust scope accordingly. the other trick I use is get a really big piece of paper tack it to the target board stick you target in the middle of it shoot 3 rounds look at where they are center cross hairs on bulls eye of target then adjust the turrets so the cross hairs line up on the group you just fired.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    did the guy not put a colimeter to bore sight the scope on the rifle before sending you home with it. As the others have said the best way is center the bore on the bulls eye of the target and adjust scope accordingly. the other trick I use is get a really big piece of paper tack it to the target board stick you target in the middle of it shoot 3 rounds look at where they are center cross hairs on bulls eye of target then adjust the turrets so the cross hairs line up on the group you just fired.
    he said he boresighted best he could but i reckon its over a foot high and about the same to left at mo gonna try find some time for a play in the weekend