Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By longshot

Thread: browning trombone .22 stock

browning trombone .22 stock

hey all i have a browning trombone(only just found out what it is) and it has a broke stock which someone said is common. due to the history this gun has in my family id like to have it fixed someday so was hoping anyone would know of someone who could fix or make a stock and at what cost? Or weather anyone has old trombone stock that they would like to part with.
    here's some photos of the damage the stock has which I don't think would be fixable
    Name:  20221008_114445.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  3.22 MB
    Name:  20221008_114453.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  3.55 MB

It may not be ideal but it could be repaired. I would do it if it was mine but it certainly wouldnt be london best rifle category.
    If you were down here and he isnt still injured, our stock guy at the gun club would do a repair that would surprise you

That is a job you could actually quite easily DIY for <$100 if you had to buy the tools from scratch apart from a drill. Maybe a bit more $ if you buy a sacrificial stock to practice on first (recommended unless this isn’t your first rodeo). It’s very satisfying when you get a good end result too. Happy to talk you through the process if you think you might give it a go.
    csmiffy likes this.