Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree172Likes

Thread: BSA centrefire variants

Amazing the detail in some of these old books. This one has a lot of sporting rifles plus military etc.
    bunji and Bol Tackshin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    There was an accountant chap from Gore who have a very significant collection (20 or 30??) of these early BSA's, an amazing variety, many different calibers - I recall a 257 Roberts, integral muzzle brakes, all sorts of things, his were all minters to . . . .
    Hi Tentman, Did he also have a very nicely wooded Ruger #1 in 243 ? Probably 1970's vintage.
    Passed away Last year???
    Z
    bunji and BSA270 like this.

Sacked this morning with my 7x57 MakeOver variant (details posted elsewhere on the forum).

Name:  17_SEPT2021 - Copy.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  1,009.2 KB

162gr HDY ELD-M + 39gr AR2208

Up the hill in the dark before 6.00am for 6.15am sunrise, wind in my face. Got busted on my left so stopped and watched as 3 - 4 disappeared into a stand of native. A couple of steps, look to the right and there's the hind looking directly at me...freeze until she puts her head down. She immediately lifts it up again but I'm ready for that and when she puts her head down again, I slip in behind a couple of punga stumps, find a steady rest and squeeze off on her neck at 120m.
    AMac, 7mmwsm, BSA and 8 others like this.

Few BSA for sale on the Yellow site at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA270 View Post
    Attachment 178650Attachment 178651
    Interesting old book 1971 by Frank de Haas Has a good section on commercial turn bolt actions and rifles. Has a great section on BSA rifles including a page on the Majestic parts and prices.Also has a lot of dimensions of actions etc. Includes Royal, Majestic, Monarch and U9. It's an American book hence some difference in model names.
    Full book (3rd edition) is online and downloadable : https://archive.org/details/Bolt_Act...es_3rd_Edition
    BSA and BSA270 like this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    @JohnDuxbury
    Check this thread out about BSA Hunters

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Have a few early model BSA spares here.
    Mathias, BSA270 and csmiffy like this.

Did anyone ever buy a majestic in 308 from taumarunui with a pitted barell about 25 years ago. Didn't know what we had back then. Would love to know what happened to it

thinking about old rifles we used to have from a description can anyone identify the model Marlin I had for a short time - now it was bloody awfull but its the only one I have ever seen and no would not like it back - bought as a pig rifle - it was a lever action in 30 M1 - box mag - the bolt from memory was square and it looked like the action was two pieces of stamped steel joined together- bloody horrible and did not last long with me - cant find any reference to any Marlin like it - just interested

75/15/10 black powder matters

you are a true scholar and gentleman Micky Duck thats the beast would not recommend

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=3f997...LXNob3J0&ntb=1 oh contrare ,it could well be worth good coin with less than 8000 ever made...a rare beast indeed
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=3f997...LXNob3J0&ntb=1 oh contrare ,it could well be worth good coin with less than 8000 ever made...a rare beast indeed
    bugger

Quote Originally Posted by Barry the hunter View Post
    thinking about old rifles we used to have from a description can anyone identify the model Marlin I had for a short time - now it was bloody awfull but its the only one I have ever seen and no would not like it back - bought as a pig rifle - it was a lever action in 30 M1 - box mag - the bolt from memory was square and it looked like the action was two pieces of stamped steel joined together- bloody horrible and did not last long with me - cant find any reference to any Marlin like it - just interested
    Mickey Duck beat me to it, I watched this a couple of weeks back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdVY...j0xULm&index=2
    Pack out heavy