Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Husky1600#2
  • 1 Post By viper
  • 1 Post By PipIstrelle
  • 1 Post By Surat
  • 2 Post By JohnDuxbury

Thread: BSA / Tikka m55 .222 experts

BSA / Tikka m55 .222 experts

Have been asked by a mate to find home for and price a floor plate and detachable box mag that came with a CF2 .222 he purchased, he much prefers the fixed floor plate to the detachable box mag.

The issue I have is I have never come across one before and never seen one offered for sale, so we are looking for some guidance. The factory CF2 floor plate has been modified to use what I think is a Tikka .222 M- 55 mag and both appear to be in good nick.

Using the Tikka mag was a popular conversion for the CF2 in Australia, but CF2's aint that common so rare to see the conversion. The Tikka M/LSA mags are about $150 for a replacement to fit the Tikka. As for the CF2 floorplate conversion, it will be what a very limited market that will set the price me thinks.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600#2 View Post
    Using the Tikka mag was a popular conversion for the CF2 in Australia, but CF2's aint that common so rare to see the conversion. The Tikka M/LSA mags are about $150 for a replacement to fit the Tikka. As for the CF2 floorplate conversion, it will be what a very limited market that will set the price me thinks.
    Yes it’s certainly niche that’s the issue

I had one, if you find the thread " All things BSA" you will see a photo of it.
    I sold it on as it was heavy but mainly because it had a really sharp comb that didn't suit lefties.
    I think it got converted back to floor plate.
    Sideshow likes this.

There's a company over here has most of the parts , I believe it's www.airgunspares.com . They had the follower , spring , box and bottom metal (minus the flappy bit ) .
    I searched for BSA CF2 spares , hopefully these aren't classified items over in NZ , though they may work out expensive by time they reach you ?
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PipIstrelle View Post
    There's a company over here has most of the parts , I believe it's www.airgunspares.com . They had the follower , spring , box and bottom metal (minus the flappy bit ) .
    I searched for BSA CF2 spares , hopefully these aren't classified items over in NZ , though they may work out expensive by time they reach you ?
    We have the parts well mag and floor plate we just had no idea of the Value Husky1600 has been very helpful in that we know have a value for the mag but unless we had a cf2 with a busted mag spring there is a limited market for the floor plate
    PipIstrelle likes this.

My bad , I misinterpreted, thought you were looking to price to return to floor plate .

It's not worth much. CF2's are not worth much themselves. Basically its something you give away to any bloke who expresses even the faintest of interest.
    7mmsaum and csmiffy like this.

Cheers John Duxbury I think the mags worth something but I’ve advised the owner to hang onto the mag and floorplate housing as spares as it’s not uncommon for the mag spring in the cf2 to break. He may as well have a back up system, because finding parts for anything these days is getting more difficult and expensive