Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Budget Plain Jane Bolt action 22 "Sleepers"

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    Plenty of the 5-shot mags won't feed well without modification either, just a lack of quality control in the factories I expect.
    @GravelBen My 5 shot mags occasionally won't feed the last round any idea what modification will fix this ? It's not all the time just occasionally.
    May be to do with how fast the bolt is cycled.
    Never been enough of an issue to stress about but if there's an easy fix I'm all ears.
    Sorry for the thread hi jack

A guy I know who was a pest controller used them, he said the bottom plate of the mag tends to fall off. He has his secured at the front with the worlds smallest weld. Mine has stayed put thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    @GravelBen My 5 shot mags occasionally won't feed the last round any idea what modification will fix this ? It's not all the time just occasionally.
    Never been enough of an issue to stress about but if there's an easy fix I'm all ears.
    For what a plastic or steel CZ/Brno one costs, vs the frustration of misfeeds.....
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    For what a plastic or steel CZ/Brno one costs, vs the frustration of misfeeds.....
    Nah sorry norinco jw15 steel mags

Nah sorry norinco jw15 steel mags
    Tommy is saying that the cost of a cz or Brno mag which fits in the jw15 is totally worth it compared to the factory misfeeds.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

@dannyb

My mates JW15 had annoying feeding issues from new, I ended up changing the angle of the mag lips by bending them with pliers, and filed the edges a bit to get the rounds feeding right. It just took some looking closely to figure out what was happening first, and then a bit of trial and error to get it right.

From memory the problem with that one was the lips holding the back of the round too low and letting the front pop up too high, so it would often stovepipe or hit above the chamber instead of going in. If the problems are caused by lack of quality control then yours might be doing something different, but watching how the rounds pop out of the mag while the bolt is being cycled is a good place to start.
    rewa and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    @dannyb

My mates JW15 had annoying feeding issues from new, I ended up changing the angle of the mag lips by bending them with pliers, and filed the edges a bit to get the rounds feeding right. It just took some looking closely to figure out what was happening first, and then a bit of trial and error to get it right.

From memory the problem with that one was the lips holding the back of the round too low and letting the front pop up too high, so it would often stovepipe or hit above the chamber instead of going in. If the problems are caused by lack of quality control then yours might be doing something different, but watching how the rounds pop out of the mag while the bolt is being cycled is a good place to start.
    This is exactly what mine does, I'll have a look next time I'm feeling motivated.
    Thanks @GravelBen
    GravelBen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by short swede View Post
    Hi Tim I bought two of the Toz ten round mags from your old shop pre quake and one doesn't feed the first five rounds, are you up and running again or have a "shop"? thanks Nick
    @short swede , we dont have a shop yet, but I do have someone who could look at them for you. Might take a while so if you are in a hurry... I do have a few spare 5 and ten shot mags for sale and I know where they are and at $45 each, I could sell you a spare to keep you going while the gunsmith looks at it. PM me with your email or ph and I can touch base with you.

A guy I met was target-shooting with jw15's, he advised to check the hole was center at the muzzle-end, before purchasing. Mine is very accurate with cci ammo. The 5shot mag feeds well, but my first one didnt, and I use a 10-shot steel brno mag with no issues. My BSA sportsman 15, is a laser and extremely long-range.My Son has a toz 17, and a voere--both really accurate. I have only owned one inaccurate .22, and that was an overpriced cz, but everyone else seems to have a good one. I cant speak for modern stuff, but I've never really seen an older .22, that wasnt a shooter, and my BSA trigger is the best of any I've used or owned, including anchutz. There are dozens of good quality, older .22's out there, at reasonable prices...especially in the smaller sports-shops
    john m, kotuku and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    Scored a mint BSA Supersport Five ....
    Don't lose the mag- they are beyond rocking horse shit..

A bit of online research reveals that "supposedly" Remington 511/513/521 mags will work/can be adapted. I intend to test this out for myself as it would be nice to have a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by john m View Post
    My daughter has a CBC made in Brazil reliable and accurate

Attachment 92666
    @john m I just bought a CBC a week back for 350. When did you buy yours and how much? Mine likes CCI minimags and CCI subs both groups 1 inch at 50 meters. Mine doesn't like Winchester ammo much around 2 inches at 50. What ammo does yours like?Found out that extra mags are the same as the ones for other Remington .22 rifles (ie. 511, 513, & the Nylon 11) according to this https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...?t=80859&amp=1

Name:  IMG_20181005_111442.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  7.13 MB

Sportco 63

Had a Miroku .22lr Lever action 15 shot.
    Was awesome and have always regretted selling it

Ive got a brno model 2 I got off here about a year ago
    Has a small bulge in the tube which is why it was cheap
    ($275 with 10 shot mag from memory ) shoots like a demon
    That’s probably the best 22 on a bugget off 300 probably will never sell
    it id say it’s almost as accurate as a few ive had in the $1500-2k range over the years

As far as a new rifle on a bugget goes I reckon you can’t go past a jw15 well ok maybe an em332 but you can’t exactly call them bugget these days for 249 combo with a scope they shoot very well from the box
    Downside is the action etc is quite rough the action can be improved alot for free just by polishing parts with 1000g wet and dry etc
    My Neighbour has one that he had a gunsmith tidy up and do a trigger job on
    That thing is as accurate as most 22 hunting rifles one ragged hole at 50m

Even if you just buy one and go shoot it with no work done you’ll still easily hold under inch groups at 50
    distant stalker and dannyb like this.