Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Bushnell Elite 6500 Series 1.25-8x32

Hello Guys

There are have been out of production for a while but just might meet a particular requirement I hope to have coming up . . .

If you ran one did they have any particular issues (besides mounting, I see an old thread mentioning this) and do they in fact have 150mm of eye relief??

Thanks

Hey I just put a Vixen 2-8x32 with BDS type reticle onto a 223 Baikal SS shorty with can. Neat little scope under $400 but conventional eye relief. Bout 250mm long, 317grams in Inch tube.

Quite impressed with it. Bright clear optics and good reticle. Comes duplex option as well. If you were just looking for light bright short it might be an option for you.

Yep - thanks for that, it is on the list, good to get a report . . .

The longer eye relief of the Bushnell should mean no "overhang" out the back of the barrelset when taken down (I have something similar to a Baikal coming)

Cheers

57JL
    I think Scope Out NZ website has Vixen scopes on special

57JL
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    Hello Guys

There are have been out of production for a while but just might meet a particular requirement I hope to have coming up . . .

If you ran one did they have any particular issues (besides mounting, I see an old thread mentioning this) and do they in fact have 150mm of eye relief??

Thanks
    look on eBay

I have one and really like it.

I'm a bit of a scout nut and as much as I like the scout concept I think there are better options than a scout scope in 2020. IER scopes seem to combine the advantages of conventional and scout scopes without the downsides, at least for me so far. I started out using a vortex 1-6 which worked well until I used in an IPSC match and kept banging my hand against the bell working the bolt but I doubt this would be a concern for most. If you cant find one try the Leupold Freedom Scout, I have one and like it also.

I have had no issues with it. Eye relief changes with magnification like on any vari-power scope but isn't a problem.
    I guess the biggest issue is it may be tricky to mount on a rifle without a long rail, depending on the rifle you might need to get some thing made.

Heres a picture showing set up and eye relief on my Ruger GSR.

Name:  P1010211.JPG
Views: 454
Size:  2.97 MB

What are you planning on doing with it?
    Hit the hills, live the BushLife!

https://bushlifenz.com