Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Cerakote work - reccomendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Any pictures of the shit cerakote job? If I'd had something done and it was that bad, I'd have photos, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and ask you to to post them, because I have a funny feeling they don't exist.
    x2
    Kaiser Metz and Kimberguy like this.

@Lucky13 you might have been called out here. Gotta be careful what you say online. Many on here are self-employed, running down someone's business is not a nice thing to do!!
    Munsey, Beaker, Gibo and 4 others like this.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
    I can say from experience that if you want a good job, from someone who knows what they are doing Greystone is the best choice. If you want cerakote that scrapes off with your finger nail go for Victor. He is no armouring/gunsmithing experience and no qualification in Cerakote application. A business I work for has had 2 jobs completed by victor which both were buggered with a capital F. Not worth the $$ saving for the pain it caused. My 2 cents worth.
    Just joined to post that did you?

If your telling the truth something to back it up, eg photos or other proof?

I have never used the guy but when an account looks to have been created to badmouth a biz it is suspicious
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    Just joined to post that did you?

If your telling the truth something to back it up, eg photos or other proof?

I have never used the guy but when an account looks to have been created to badmouth a biz it is suspicious
    I dont appreciate being called a lair. Nor that I said it was mine or anything so not sure why I would be expected to have photos?. But yes I do have access to photos and detailed issues noted regarding the work.

I will post them for people to see tomorrow after work.

I saw this post when I joined, I thought it would be ok to give honest feedback or this this not what this forum is about?

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
    I dont appreciate being called a lair. Nor that I said it was mine or anything so not sure why I would be expected to have photos?. But yes I do have access to photos and detailed issues noted regarding the work.

I will post them for people to see tomorrow after work.

I saw this post when I joined, I thought it would be ok to give honest feedback or this this not what this forum is about?
    Honest feed back is good, but this forum has seen a lot of fake accounts created to badmouth competitors (this has even resulted in court action in the past)so I hope you understand people's reluctance to take a unknown posters word at face value.

I look forward to reading your follow up post and to you joining in on other subjects in the future
    Beaker, hotsoup and Kaiser Metz like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    Honest feed back is good, but this forum has seen a lot of fake accounts created to badmouth competitors (this has even resulted in court action in the past)so I hope you understand people's reluctance to take a unknown posters word at face value.

I look forward to reading your follow up post and to you joining in on other subjects in the future
    x2, and I'm sure Victor will reply in kind as well...
    Kaiser Metz likes this.

I've had multiple guns done by victor never had a issue with chipping well anything for that matter,
    If u got a issue lucky 13 why haven't u contacted him instead of running ur mouth on here?
    I'd recommend victor having seen his work first hand and on quality guns /scopes knifes
    As a chippy/human I sumtimes make mistakes and dam straight I'd want first shot at rectifying the situation
    My 2 cents

Plenty of Vics work to be seen on his Facebook page. I have a gun with him at the moment. Lovely guy to chat to and deal with.
    Kaiser Metz likes this.

Cerakote

I haven't had work done by greystone but Iv had the pleasure of working with Victor at Cerakote NZwhen I sent my 280ai to him, his work was flawless and I wouldn't hesitate to send another gun to him. He helped me through the process of choosing the right colours for it. I had the gun back within 10 days. Worth every cent I paid.
    Kaiser Metz likes this.

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Pretty sure Stu's prices include stripping your firearm, bolt etc. Does Victor's price or capabilities include this?
    Yep... I certainly do...

Ok this is getting hinky, 2 brand new members and one fairly new person.... I have never had any Cerakote work done by either and no association to either

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Shot View Post
    x2, and I'm sure Victor will reply in kind as well...
    I am quite confused by Lucky13's comments... If a customer had not one, but TWO, jobs go pear shaped I'm pretty damn sure I would have heard about it... So, yep, looking forward to getting the facts...

I have had another applicator (not greystone) have a couple of little jealous tantrums and cause me problems... But as for Stu and Greystone I've never said an unkind word. When I am asked about his work, my standard reply is that they do excellent work, as do I but I charge less. That isn't a put down to Greystone at all. They do do excellent work. Have seen it, smelt it, touched it. It is really good stuff.

My attitude is that we all compete for the same work, but we dont need to poison the well.

Lucky13 grow up mate.

Alternatively, use your time productively and read the 5 out 5 rated reviews (by real customers) here - - > www.facebook.com/cktnz

Cheers
    Victor
    027 205 7050
    guns@cerakotenz.com

Name:  290 june16.jpg
Views: 1054
Size:  183.8 KB
    Name:  Ck logo 2.jpg
Views: 1049
Size:  183.9 KB
    Last edited by Kaiser Metz; 15-07-2016 at 11:42 PM.

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Ok this is getting hinky, 2 brand new members and one fairly new person.... I have never had any Cerakote work done by either and no association to either
    Bro... Totally with you on the hinky bit... But I'm real... Just had to register to defend my work...

Any one need to verify my actual existence can get me on guns@cerakotenz.com

Cheers
    Victor

I can say nobody aside from Victor and greystone guns does a better job, if you want to see some terrible attempts at cerakote i highly recommend having a look at the terrible job LUCKY13 did for guncity of a batch of ranger 870's the coats chip off or it looks terrible and cheap i believe they sent them back. and you can see fade in the paint from the get go . the list goes on . He goes out of his way to try and discredit Victor purely out of spite and the fact he's not up to the same skill level and his cure process is rubbish...

Victor works hard and has a great client base following . It would be awesome if Lucky13 could stop harassing him over social media so frequently very unprofessional...

i have had numerous projects done on some high end equipment and i couldn't have been happier with service or turnaround time let alone amazing quality

I had my rifle, my mates rifle and my knife done by Victor and I can tell you one thing, I have put both the rifle and the knife through the test and neither of them came up with a single scratch. I do not own a "Safe Queen", its my bush gun that gets a beating sometimes. He even did my composite stock on my rifle and that doesn't even scratch off. Turn around time was less than a week and I was in the bush the next weekend.

Sorry I was going through the posts and decided I should say something. As a small business owner myself I agree with 223nut, tearing down someones name can seriously hurt a business, if you have a problem with their service, contact them first and discuss it with them before going off on a rant and bad mouthing them.Attachment 52255
    Tikka7mm08, 223nut and Kaiser Metz like this.