Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: christensen rifles vs Hardy vs anything else semi custom

christensen rifles vs Hardy vs anything else semi custom

Are they worth the money compared to a Tikka,Sako or similar?
    My tikka in 300wsm shoots around 3/4 inch groups and would do better in someone elses hands.
    So 2.5k vs 5k

Quote Originally Posted by Hornady ELDX View Post
    Are they worth the money compared to a Tikka,Sako or similar?
    My tikka in 300wsm shoots around 3/4 inch groups and would do better in someone elses hands.
    So 2.5k vs 5k
    Unless your after some obscure wildcat then no, Tikka's and Sako's will shoot better than most people reading this can.
    However if you like something different from the rest of crowd theres a cool factor in a custom, just be prepared to get fisted if you ever decide to sell.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Exactly what Brads said, He along with myself & quite a few others on here have falling down the crusty custon hole & been burnt

They are cool & if you can afford to get em built, then fill ya boots ( Build em to keep em though, you take a killing on resale with custom rifles ) With the quality & accuracy of modern factory rifles I'd say it's a dying market.

By the sounds of it your Tikka shoots mint, just customize it with a new stock etc if you have a itch to scratch
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

I was semi in this position a few months ago. Had far too many rifles that never really got used enough, have a mate that pushed and pushed me to join him and get a Hardy Hybrid, so i sold most of my stuff and did it. Got various barrel kits, for hunting and competition now. Personally im glad i did it, at the time it seemed like big ticket, but then i added up what i had invested in all the gear i sold and i was in surplus. To be fair, the accuracy is on par, probably a bit better than my old factory rifles, but the ease of tuning and load development was impressive.

Definitely not knocking factory rifles, ive still got a scrub slut tikka 7mm08 and its wicked. Shoots great and never fails.
    Philipo likes this.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Yeah I like the idea of the Hybrid & was quite interested after talking to someone that actually has one & really rates it, best thing with the Hybrid being no real poi change with each barrel, you only need one good scope instead of one for each rifle. So does make it more cost effective then some other custom options
    keengunNic and 300_BLK like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Unless your after some obscure wildcat then no, Tikka's and Sako's will shoot better than most people reading this can.
    However if you like something different from the rest of crowd theres a cool factor in a custom, just be prepared to get fisted if you ever decide to sell.

Wise words there

Had a Christensen ridgeline a very accurate rifle , basically a very well done Remington with a good barrel . Well balanced and shot great .but i sold it .

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Wise words there
    Lessons learnt the hard way might be better Mikee

Dreamer and mikee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wayno View Post
    Had a Christensen ridgeline a very accurate rifle , basically a very well done Remington with a good barrel . Well balanced and shot great .but i sold it .
    The reason being?
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

I have just been down this track. I wanted something new. Something different. Did lots of studying. I liked the looks of Christensen but they had a lot of negative feed back. Went looked at one. Got offered a proof research for a steal. Got that. Yes its nice and shoots amazing I generally just grab the sako. Tikka and sako are pretty hard to beat in my opinion. If yours shoots well and your happy why change.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Lessons learnt the hard way might be better Mikee

Aint that the truth..........for sure. I have a SAUM which is bloody awesome................now, but I could have brought 2 Bergara HMRs (6.5 creedmore and 300winmag) for what its cost me and put semi reasonable optics on both and still spent less! And they would shoot just as well from personal experience
    If its something special then thats the only reason I can see you would do it after all the ups and downs

target shooter then yes, or you want something none standard,
    Ie in my case a 243 with a fast twist, and a discontinued lever in an impossible to find 358 in NZ.
    Nb the barrel and fitting was way cheaper than buying one used in from the US.,

Otherwise hard to go past many factory rifles, just add a better stock, still hard to go past a nice Steyr or Sako,
    I know many Savage's and Rem's etc are cheap but you still hear horror stories etc. They may shot OK in a vice but try getting repeatability in the soft stock in field conditions, hot cold etc.
    Z

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    The reason being?
    I wondered the same thing!?....

If your going custom go full custom not something you can order off the shelf

like a custom 300win mag is a terrible idea but a 300 norma now your talking

I got a mix of factory and custom and they all shoot better then i can, dont worry about resale just dont sell it.
    veitnamcam, Rich007, GWH and 1 others like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

The usual two reasons for selling flash custom guns are boredom and fashion. I'm guilty of the former..
    kiwijames, Mathias and dannyb like this.