Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: A class Thumbhole stocks , what do you prefer

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Happy, I would say that he is waiting for the new shorter stock screws to arrive before sending the stocks out, as the A2 stock bolt is a bit too long (could hit the buffer tube), if you have a magpul stock already, it won't be an issue.
    Yes heard that 3 wks ago. Had to ask as well. Did not get asked at any stage what sort of stock I have Answer is I dont bloody have one now
    Umm if you unleash something on the market should it not be ready to go.. If not shouldn't you be advising clients talkin yr way thru it instead of gettin chased over and over. It gets tedious and boring

Or is that just me suffering AR15 Withdrawel symptoms. .??
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Happy, you would be the first to piss and moan if digit had supplied you with the stock and your buffer had jammed up and/or chewed itself out because of an over length buttstock screw. He has alot more cred than you will ever have.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Some of us or was it only me paid for a digit spears one that would comply f in ages ago Still waiting and over it to be sure. Now no longer a commercial advertiser by the look of it either

Can I have my money back please Mr Digit ? My clients would not put up with this and I m over it and will find another solution
    Ps I ll be quite ready to say sorry if it left you to come to me today !!
    If not I don't care about any excuses please refund me !!
    Haha deep breath dude. I ordered my suppressor about a year ago (not complaining at all BTW spanners, very thankful for your generous offer), just means when it arrives its that much better.

I was the same in being surprised by the cheapness looking of the spear stock that I handled in reloaders. Felt it didn't really balance the rifle very well, too light and doesn't look like it could take much abuse.

Thumbhole stocks are shit full stop. Thanks to the police you will have to get used to it.
    Grue likes this.

I have to apologise for the delay in delivery of Spear Mags stocks. When we first took delivery of the stocks I found the standard A2 screw was too long due to it being a shorter stock than the A2. I informed Spear Mags that we were reluctant to send out the stocks due to this issue as we, or Spear Mags, could potentially be liable for damaging your guns. The reason it has taken so long to source screws is that the screws are vented and are rarer than hens teeth to obtain. The servo stock also uses vented screws but they actually manufacture their own. To purchase vented screws you need a minimum order of 10s of thousands. Thankfully Spear Mags has sourced these screws and as I understand it we are getting a weekend delivery so that we can start dispatching orders on Monday.

Again I apologise for the delays.

For those of you purchasing GC stocks, please be thankful to Spear Mags for the current price. GC were raping you for $399 until Spear Mags stock appeared. GC have now dropped their price by $200. Spear Mags has helped you by introducing competition. Unfortunately this is a familiar theme with GC pricing strategies.

Personally I understand how everyone is keen to obtain something they have paid for. What I dont understand is why the rush to fit any sort of thumbhole? You have until June 11 to enjoy your gun in what is now an E Cat format. I wont be fitting a thumbhole to any of my A Cat guns until June 11. I'm going to ensure my 10 year old son gets as much use of my AR in current E Cat format as possible. In three months time for him, it will be consigned to photos and memories for ever, the time when he was allowed to enjoy a gun without this Police state bullshit forced on us.

Get out there and enjoy the last 3 months of E Cat freedom.
    grunzter and Lono like this.

Took my son to the range this morning. He had a great time with the GSG MP5-22 doing mag dumps. Went through a fair bit of CCI. I figure this is probably the last time he will ever get to use a gun like this as from June 11 it will be E-Cat. I will be ensuring he spends as much time with my soon to be E-Cats as possible so that he remembers how good he had it when he was a kid.

Dont fit your thumbholes till June. Get your kids out their dumping ammo through your gun now. Make the most of your pistol grips!

dogmatix and grunzter like this.

Yip im with you on that one Digit. I am in no hurry to install a stuped thumbhole stock on my AR.

Glu
    [QUOTE=Moutere;225462]Doesn't that servo one make an ass of the intent of the law.QUOTE]

Why ?.

The GC moulds a houge to an A2 stock and we mould an A2 grip to a tube stock , is there a difference . Our stock follows what is outlined as an A-cat compliant stock . You cannot remove the grip from the stock without hacksawing the linking support .

Can anyone actually articulate what the intent of the law is?

Glu
    People are so fixed on the stock and no where do the police say you must use a particular stock or what makes a particular stock A-cat it just must not have a pistol grip as defined .( you can use an any butt stock and no grip if you like )

Interpretation
    This is the definition of a pistol grip taken of the police website so if the stock does not fit the description it does not have a pistol grip so is fine .

(1) In this order, unless the context otherwise requires,—

free-standing grip, in relation to a firearm, means a grip that,—

(a) is designed to be gripped by the whole or most of the trigger hand of a person firing the firearm; and

(b) is (if any trigger guard is disregarded) structurally connected to the firearm at only one point; and

(c) when deployed, protrudes from the firearm in a direction that is closer to being perpendicular to the barrel than to being parallel to it; and

(d) is neither—

(i) a thumb-hole stock; nor

(ii) a stock of the type commonly described as a Dragunov stock or Dragunov-style stock
    Last edited by Glu; 17-03-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Point b) above is a classic cock up. Fix it at 2 points and its not a pistol grip..

(if any trigger guard is disregarded)

why disregard the trigger guard?

Also I hope that wasn't in answer to my post

Glu
    No, not you post .

They put in the "disregard the trigger guard" so that the Styr could not pass without changing the stock

Exactly, your stock is compliant.

I probably didn't articulate my original statement well. I see it could be read as a question or otherwise.
    My point was about the law rather than criticism of your product (which I think looks very good), sorry for any confusion.

I fail to see the advantage of having people retro fit stocks/grips to be compliant with the law, when the compliant options are basically the same thing for all other intents and purposes.
    Seems pointless.
    The intent of the law to me is to restrict/classify the rifle based on the pistol grip, however, physically join that exact same A2 grip to the rear stock and its now compliant.

I agree with a higher security requirement for an MSSAs, I'm even ok with their registration. Other than that, I see them as just another firearm that any licenced 'fit and proper' person should be able to enjoy for their chosen discipline of our sport.

Sorry to the OP for getting their thread off topic and many thanks to Glu & Digit for giving NZ shooters options.

[QUOTE=Glu;226547]
    Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Doesn't that servo one make an ass of the intent of the law.QUOTE]

Why ?.

The GC moulds a houge to an A2 stock and we mould an A2 grip to a tube stock , is there a difference . Our stock follows what is outlined as an A-cat compliant stock . You cannot remove the grip from the stock without hacksawing the linking support .
    Last edited by Moutere; 17-03-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    Mick666 likes this.

Glu
    No problem Moutere , its all good . This is what forums are for .