Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Couriering a rifle

Label "shotgun". No stupid demands about the bolt.

"Volvo steering rack" also works - no one quite knows what shape and weight that's supposed to be, and "Volvo" adds a nice middle class family glow to it.
    Steve123, Sideshow, WallyR and 1 others like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Giraffe dildo mould, used.

Safe as
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

After 26 minutes and 15 seconds they answered.
    Hard to go past $26
    May get one of the boys to knock up a ply case . Save me hunting for bubble wrap

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Just sent a rifle today with fastways Christchurch to Tauranga ffs the bastards charged me $78. Couple of years ago it was $28. Daylight robbery. Will be doing pickups only on trademe from now on.

i sent a rifle with fastways from christchurch to rotorua earlier this years, was only $34

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    i sent a rifle with fastways from christchurch to rotorua earlier this years, was only $34
    same dropped off at Hammils Hunting and Fishing Rangiora and they even packaged it up for me.
    this was only about a month ago

Quote Originally Posted by Insaneo View Post
    Just sent a rifle today with fastways Christchurch to Tauranga ffs the bastards charged me $78. Couple of years ago it was $28. Daylight robbery. Will be doing pickups only on trademe from now on.
    Shit that's I rip I just sent one yesterday from New Plymouth to Nelson on Fast Ways $34.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    dannyb likes this.

I sent a rifle from Oamaru to Christchurch via Fastaways and it cost $68 , then I sent another rifle to Auckland via Fastaways and it cost $78. The buyer of the Auckland rifle got a quote from his local Fastaways to send the same rifle to Oamaru and it was only $35. I went and asked at the local Fastaways agent what was going on and they showed me the charge rates set by the South Island franchise owner and his charges were what was quoted. I then managed to get out of him that the South Island franchise owner based in Christchurch was anti guns and if he had his way they would not even be shipping them hence the ridiculous price.
    I have never used Fastaways since nor will again.
    outlander likes this.

Ha sent one from Tauranga to Top of the south island $20.00 Fastways via agent!
    Oh don’t make it look like a firearm when packaging it, then they put a FIREARM sticker in RED on it FFS
    outlander likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Giraffe dildo mould, used.

Safe as
    A used Giraffe dildo mould. Jesus wept...
    Maca49 likes this.

If it's a lever action and they ask "Has the bolt been removed"? What is your answer?......we'll mine would be "Yes"!
    You have answered there question if they haven't asked the right question that's there problem, no need to tell them it's not got a bolt
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    If it's a lever action and they ask "Has the bolt been removed"? What is your answer?......we'll mine would be "Yes"!
    You have answered there question if they haven't asked the right question that's there problem, no need to tell them it's not got a bolt
    My lever actions all have bolts. It's usually the bit that sticks out the back when you drop the lever down.

Now don't get all technical on them systolic you will just confuse the poor postman
    outlander likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

I got hit with the same bill the other day. From CHCH depot to Hamilton depot. Rifle, plus separate satchel for bolt (their own enforced rule) $78!!! The lady said the price went up to cover them. As i told her, its their own drivers who keep fucking up so dont charge us for their mistakes!
    outlander likes this.

I sent one to stug today, central north island to south. $35. A blank box with no labels helps. Also received a 7mm rem mag xbolt from gun city not long ago. All packaged correctly with the big shiny firearm sticker on it. It had been sitting unattended with the bolt on my front step all day... no point making a fuss as it just makes our lives harder. Just fortunate no one saw it