Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Carpe Diem
  • 1 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 1 Post By MB
  • 2 Post By Beetroot

Thread: CZ 452 Scope Mounting

MB

CZ 452 Scope Mounting

Mounting a Leupold scope on a CZ 452.

I got some Warne 22/7.3 rings bundled with the rifle. I'm sure they are not the best quality, but they seem OK. Any opinions?

Also, using the "mount the rifle with eyes closed method" to find optimal scope positioning for eye relief, I'm surprised at how far forward the scope needs to be. Any comments or thoughts?

Cheers.

Do the rings have top clamping? if so I find them a pain in the butt, also had trouble getting above the rear sight and "modified" the sight base after removing the sight itself, which is an easy process once you know how
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Burris Signature Z rings - the ones with cant in them so you can play with them if you want to cant to get more dial up out of them. Also they can self level (due to the insert cups) if you need that too.

My 2c if doing it again...
    dogmatix likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Do the rings have top clamping? if so I find them a pain in the butt, also had trouble getting above the rear sight and "modified" the sight base after removing the sight itself, which is an easy process once you know how
    I very nearly lost my mind the first couple of times I mounted/un-mounted the top clamp Warne rings, but theres a trick to it I have discovered, if you start with the rifle lying on its side its a breeze, I like them, real solid.
    MB likes this.

Those warne rings are nice little numbers. I swear by mine on the rimfire rifles.

MB
    Thanks for the replies. Yes, top clamp. Pain in the arse to adjust! Think I've got it sorted. Doesn't sound like anyone has had any trouble with them once installed (so far), so that makes me feel more confident.
    Maca49 likes this.

I had Warne 7.3/22 rings on 2 CZs and they worked great.

I have since replaced them with Burris Zees like Carpe Diem mentioned, so I could get more adjustment out of my scope.
    Unless you specifically want 70moa in your 22lr I wouldn't bother, you need to buy some Weaver bases and then the offset inserts (if you buy 1" rings, 30mm come with inserts included), which turns it into a $150 ring set up instead of $60 for the Warne ones.
    SlimySquirrel and MB like this.

I find the Warne ring-mounts with screw at top and bottom easy to set up. Even easier than my Sportsmatch 4-screw ringmounts which are easier to get right than most of the 2-screw mounts, i.e. one screw on each side of the scope tube, that I have used over the last 29 years or so.

The 7.3/22 mounts are, however, horizontally split.
    A good shot at close range beats a 'hit" at a longer range.