Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Delta scopes and reticles

Delta scopes and reticles

Hi guys, looking for a bit of info and experience from those with Delta titanium scopes.

I have read a couple of pretty in depth reviews on here and like the look of them on paper.

My question is, how practical are the reticles? Specifically the 4a SB?

I really like the reticle to have a bit of detail/hashmarks or mildots for wind and so I can measure drop.

After mucking around with the 4a SB in strelok and it seems fairly useful for wind holds, what's it like in the field?

I have the dmdi reticle in the 4-24 good hunting reticle not to thin. Only gripe is the zero stop sucks and it doesn't have a locking turret

Quote Originally Posted by country cuts View Post
    I have the dmdi reticle in the 4-24 good hunting reticle not to thin. Only gripe is the zero stop sucks and it doesn't have a locking turret
    Ah I see, what is it about the zero stop that's no good?

Zero stop ring have a tiny little slotted/flathead screw which are so f$#ken small i went through $80 worth of different screwdrivers before i got one which just just fit. An Allen key type would be much better and then they should supply it as part of the deal. Otherwise it a great scope for the short time i have it.
    25/08 IMP likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rated M for Magnum View Post
    Ah I see, what is it about the zero stop that's no good?
    If you have the collet on it is threaded sou you can't have the dial indicator on either. I ended up making a collet to fit over the indicator As a stop also you need an engraver to put a dial up line I as it is near impossible to get everything to line up. As for the scope and performance it works well and gathers light pretty good

If they used the dials off the javelin it would be a great scope

I have the 4-24x50 with the interchangeable turrets. Its been on my Tikka 6.5 Creedmoor for a while and shot a few Fallow with this combo. I agree with most of which has already been said. The 4A SB crosshair work well in conjunction with Strelock, by using the magnification adjustment you can dial a hash mark to match a distance. I would have preferred to dial up for distances but the elevation dial which will fit under the cap has very small marks and numbers so difficult to see at any time let alone low light. the larger uncapped dials look great but as has already been said the zero stop is not ideal, all it does is stop the dial going too far past the zero but cannot be adjusted to stop right at zero. For me this is a problem, compared to My Swarozski with the ballistic turrets in low light I don't even have to look at the scope to check the turrets are still at zero, I just grab the turret and and try to turn it towards Zero if its already there nothing happens, if its been bumped then it goes to zero and stops, also after taking a longer range shot, same thing, I dial back to zero without having to look. Because of this I find myself using holdover or the hash marks for longer shots with the Delta. On the upside, the scope dials accurately the clicks are crisp with almost no backlash. the zoom is solid and smooth, The optics are clear and in low light would be the equal of my Swarovski. i think they are exceptional value for money and are the equal of more well known brands which sell for a lot more. I would own another one.
    Woody, Moa Hunter and DELTA NZ like this.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Good honest opinion, much appreciated. I'll send this feedback back to Poland.

No threaded scope objective covers like leupold aluminas etc

Ok thanks guys, I'll keep looking. Really wanting locking turrets and a good zero stop.

The best zero stop and lockable turret I've used is on my Swarovski Z8.
    You can lock them at any setting as well as at zero, bloody awesome

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 25/08 IMP View Post
    The best zero stop and lockable turret I've used is on my Swarovski Z8.
    You can lock them at any setting as well as at zero, bloody awesome

Yeah way out of my price range, looking at Burris signature hd now, probably the 3-15x44 or maybe the 5-25 but I think that may be a bit much low end mag for my use.

They are also good I have one on my .223 but the illuminated on has bloody big turrets.
    Try and get a vx5 I picked one up for $1600 second hand but new.

I had the 3-15 good scope for the money but it's low light performance was down a little with the 25mm tube

Tube diameter has very little if anything to do with light transmission, swarovski scopes like Z5 have 25mm tube and are fantastic in low light. It's the glass and coatings that make the difference. More tube diameter gives more space for elevation and windage.

In saying that, how low is low? I know I can't have my cake and eat it too lol
    zimmer likes this.