Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: DPT over barrel modular suppressor

DPT

DPT over barrel modular suppressor

Hi Guys,

I have just finished a very small run of the modular over barrel suppressors, I am having a really hard time getting hold of more aluminium so the next run could be a couple of months away.
    I only have 6 left so first in first served. If you would like one email me and ill put your name down sales@dpt.co.nz
    They are off to the anodizers shortly so if nothing goes wrong they will be available in two weeks.

I only have 6 left so be in quick

There is two versions. They both have barrel isolator tubes so no gasses come in contact with the barrel. They will accommodate barrels up to 22.5mm in diameter.

For upto 223/7.62x39
    171mm total length
    100mm over the barrel
    71mm forward of the barrel
    44.5mm diameter
    210grams in weight
    $370
    This comes with 2 baffle modules and gives the same sound reduction as the 3 baffle module muzzle forward can suppressor

For upto 25-06/30-06
    205mm total length
    100mm over the barrel
    105mm forward of the barrel
    44.5mm diameter
    260grams in weight
    $440
    This comes with 4 baffle modules and gives the same sound reduction as the 5 baffle module muzzle forward can suppressor

The shorter one can still handle a 30/06 size case as everything is the same apart from two less baffles, sound reduction will be lacking though
    They use the same modules as the muzzle forward can suppressor so they can be swapped between the two types of suppressors.

Threads available are.

1/2-20
    1/2-28
    14x1
    9/16-18
    9/16-24
    16x1
    18x1

If you email me let me know the calibre 22/25/30 and the thread you want.

DPT
    Last edited by DPT; 16-04-2013 at 05:18 PM.

260 grams:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Pictures?
    If you don't get Dirt, Blood or Grease under your nails it ain't a hobby

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Pictures?
    Hi, I dont have a picture as they are not ready, but they just look like my modular can, only a bit longer

http://www.dpt.co.nz/index.php?main_...roducts_id=368

DPT

DPT
    One left

DPT
    Hi,

Have had a couple of guys pull out today so I still have two over barrels available if anyone is interested.

Top one in picture is over barrel, bottom one is can. the weight of the over barrel is 250-260grams for the 4 baffle version and 200-210grams for the 2 baffle version. The weights very 10 grams depending on thread used.

Name:  266510906.jpg
Views: 4968
Size:  58.6 KB
    Normie likes this.

Looks good DPT. Will you be doing these again once alloy supply comes good? Or just a once off.
    If you don't get Dirt, Blood or Grease under your nails it ain't a hobby

DPT
    Yes once I can get more alloy they will be back in stock.

Can I just buy the over barrel part and fit my baffels?
    I have your normal modular ar supp

?

I tried a new DPT over barrel modular on my 20" barrel 243 over the weekend.

The noise wasn't as quiet as the earlier generation Hardy (about 3 years old), but still pretty good. Especially considering its size and weight.
    Taking one baffle off (17mm) didn't seem to make much difference to my ears.

Definitely not suited to high volume. Sighting in and a bit of target stuff (30 rounds) over about an hour got it pretty damn hot. A string of 4 shots from cold got it nearly too hot to touch. And the baffles suffered a bit of sand blasting from this one session.

All in all its a neat little gadget that does what it is designed for. Its limitations are heredity with the light weight and compactness. Thats the payoff.

From now on it will only get hunting and the odd sight in, so it I expect it to last quite a while. If it does wear, the baffles can be replaced. The non modular latest Hardy ones that are bout the same size probably suffer from sand blasting inside too, you just can't see it like you can with the modular DPT.

A good product.
    mattdw likes this.

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    ?
    Sorry Bill, didnt see your post. Yes you can when back in stock.

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I tried a new DPT over barrel modular on my 20" barrel 243 over the weekend.

The noise wasn't as quiet as the earlier generation Hardy (about 3 years old), but still pretty good. Especially considering its size and weight.
    Taking one baffle off (17mm) didn't seem to make much difference to my ears.

Definitely not suited to high volume. Sighting in and a bit of target stuff (30 rounds) over about an hour got it pretty damn hot. A string of 4 shots from cold got it nearly too hot to touch. And the baffles suffered a bit of sand blasting from this one session.

All in all its a neat little gadget that does what it is designed for. Its limitations are heredity with the light weight and compactness. Thats the payoff.

From now on it will only get hunting and the odd sight in, so it I expect it to last quite a while. If it does wear, the baffles can be replaced. The non modular latest Hardy ones that are bout the same size probably suffer from sand blasting inside too, you just can't see it like you can with the modular DPT.

A good product.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I have found the baffles last much longer if the front face is not cleaned, the carbon buildup protects them. The first baffle seems to suffer the most but will last over 1000 rounds as long as its not over heated.

DPT

I like my little one, it works great on a 12 inch ar15.
    Im only interested in the over barrel back because it will meet up with my hand gaurd better and look proper.

it only seems to be the sand blasting effect that shows the signs of wear, so why not just have a thin stainless disc with a hole in it before the first baffle? It would remove that allmost completly.

I looked down my other suppressors with a torch and there is deffinitly some ragged baffels in them, but like is said above you cant take them apart to see the damage happening.

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    so why not just have a thin stainless disc with a hole in it before the first baffle? It would remove that allmost completly.
    The problem is how to make that work without adding much more weight.