Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Anyone got a 'Rev Rog' suppressor?

Anyone got a 'Rev Rog' suppressor?

Has anybody got one of this guys suppressors?......see loads of his stuff on TM....any good/bad reviews from members

ASSEMBLY / WARRANTY | Sub-Silent Suppressors
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Had an early one on my 22mag. No disrespcet to the fella but I wasnt that happy with the quality. It worked ok, then the internals collapsed. He fixed it free of charge, then after another few trips it fell apart again. I replaced it with a Bunny Buster which in my opinion is superior in every way.

I've got one of his overbarrels on my 223 and a slim can on my .22. Overbarrel is a bit bigger and heavier and not as polished as some of the higher end suppressor builders, but it still does the job well enough at taking the edge off the noise. 22 can is decent, seems to perform on par with most other suppressors in that bracket. Both suppressors are good and robust, the 223 one especially I suspect will outlast the gun.

As with anything, you do get what you pay for. If you're on a tight budget, his product is acceptable enough at half the price of Gunworks. Although if I was buying again I'd probably spend the extra hundred or so and pick up a DPT suppressor of some description.

SiB
    I agree with Striker - you gets what you pays for. I have Gunworks suppressors on my .22mag and my .308 - am totally satisfied with their products and amazing service. When I'm out on a hunt I don't want to be worrying if the unit I'm using is going to be reliable. Paying a few dollars more for peace of mind is well worth it.

My mate and I did a side by side comparison of a Rev Rog I bought vs a SAK one from reloaders he bought - SAK one was lighter, shorter, nicer finish, half the price and suppressed the noise to the same level when compared Rev Rog one. If I had to do it again I would have bought a SAK from reloaders and saved $100.

i have one for my 25-06 / 223 combi unit it was too long and heavy , it made a great flame thrower i dont use it anymore except for bashin coons i didnt think it was that effective as other ive seen/heard
    he also botched up the crown while threadin one rifle and scared the barrel in the vice jaws ...think you are safe to say i wasnt a happy camper
    BURN BABY BURN
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

My first one on my .17 failed. It was alloy not one of Rogers and just got louder and louder.

I got him to make a larger metal one and it also goes over barrell with a bush at end of over barrell part.

This has had hundreds of rounds through it. (Actually two of those loud annoying bird things off the deck this am.. missed both at 30 mtrs then killed both at 150 two paddocks away, Just doing it the hard way as usual)

It is quieter than the previous and also a mates one. I asked for solid with no weight worries as you dont carry this thing very far anyway and thats what I got.

So in my experience its been good. Seems you get good and bad reports. Nice guy to deal with and did what he said hed do. Hard to beat that..

Especially since I m still waiting for a blimmin price for three hours for a bench grinder in Akl and they have them in stock.. Its like please can I buy one Mister if thats ok with you

I have Saks on .22 Hardy on .308 and .223 and .270 WSM and Gun Works Maximum big arse on AR so have a few to compare and they

are all good. .308 wish I d put a magnum one on as it gets pretty blimmin hot. Heres a pic and before you start I know it looks different so try to behave. It does the job well..

I dont mind it, its on my gun I d change the next one but not now...

Name:  Happys .17 HMR3.jpg
Views: 6881
Size:  189.6 KB
    Toby likes this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Please tell me thats photo shopped???
    kiwijames likes this.

I live about 30min walk from the Rev. Dealt with him some years ago when he was first looking at making centrefire ones.
    I don't use his.
    Not happy with the retoric which he uses on his website and he has variable quality.
    If he only built crap or only built quality it would be simple to advise you on what to do be he puts out both and thats the prob.

Ordered one of DPTs new modular cans the other week to try. I'll compare it to my usual Greystone and report back after.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar

Anyone got a 'Rev Rog' suppressor?

Jesus H Christ. That's one big ass suppressor.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Please tell me thats photo shopped???
    Now thats not behaving.. I put up with the comments cos it hits magpies at 180 mtrs plus
    every time except when a gale force wind is interfering..

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Jesus H Christ. That's one big ass suppressor.
    Hard to be modest when all you hear is my god thats a big one ....
    Bill999, Toby and Tommy like this.

SiB
    slightly O/T but has anyone tried using an oil filter screwed onto end of their rifle? Saw a manufacturer of the adaption screw and demo on rifle and handgun on Yew Chewb

Had one a while ago - had a ring of holes put around the end almost like a muzzle break. I immediately noticed they weren't spaced symmetrically - when i asked to have it shortened (to get rid of the crappy looking holes) He said it couldn't be done. I had my mate cut if off and he informed me that the exit hole wasn't actually centered. Glad i was only shooting a pcp air rifle

I use a Dan Hardy one and I cant speak highly enough of it. Very cost effective, removed a pile of recoil and sound

Dan Hardy on my rifle, is great. Use a $35 Manders on my .22 and you can't hear a thing with subs except the bolt clacking, don't think I'd ever spend any more than that on a 22 supressor...
    Dead is better likes this.