Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Anyone got a 'Rev Rog' suppressor?

Big thanks for all the info guys, ive ordered a can from DPT for my centre fire, ive actually got a 'rev rog' on my Ruger 10/22, but as that was the only one ive got i wanted to ask the forum for a more rigorous examination....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

so here we are over a year later , , and on his website , he makes admissions to failure and being a tad odd at times , and reading his back story I can see why .... he has bought all new machinery to make his stuff , they look pretty good ..... I want to take the horrendous crack out of my ar as I use it at the range only (for now ) ... I will try one of his to see how good it works ... any one try one recently ?
    cheers
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Even if he paid me a lot of money to take one I wouldnt.

Please dont encourage him. The sooner he goes away the safer and better off everyone will be.

Yup cant believe theres no regulations for this kind of thing and any old back yard scratcher can sell their wears to the public.

Why the fuck would you buy anything off this spastic when there are other options?

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Why the fuck would you buy anything off this spastic when there are other options?
    I like the way you always 'cut to the chase' gimp.......

so , your comments are all a little harsh , what exactly has he done or does to piss you all off ? ... are they badly made ? dangerous? .... or has he done you all wrong somehow .... I appear to have come late to the party here and feel a little left out .....and can we expand on the spastic comment please
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Yeah stop glossing it over and tell us what you really think
    Gibo likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    so , your comments are all a little harsh , what exactly has he done or does to piss you all off ? ... are they badly made ? dangerous? .... or has he done you all wrong somehow .... I appear to have come late to the party here and feel a little left out .....and can we expand on the spastic comment please
    Stumpy, ive got one on my 10/22 and im rapt with it....but as others have said, he's hit and miss....looks like i got a hit.....flip the coin mate, he is cheaper than most, but im not sure id screw one onto the end of an AR!!!!!!!
    stumpy likes this.

Fuck that if you want a cheap can get a Waitaki at least it won't blow up. They are actually good cans for the money.

ive got 1 here for a 243 and its heavy and doesnt work well the poi diff every shot just a waste of time.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Fuck that if you want a cheap can get a Waitaki at least it won't blow up. They are actually good cans for the money.
    +1

Buy something safe.

Maybe bling looking on a .22 is ok but on a fairly short tubed at??
    Your already missing bits and we just don't want to see you lose any more! Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's just that we care lol
    gadgetman, Scouser and stumpy like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    +1

Buy something safe.

Maybe bling looking on a .22 is ok but on a fairly short tubed at??
    Your already missing bits and we just don't want to see you lose any more! Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's just that we care lol
    Sums it up perfectly.

I've heard a lot of good reviews, but way too many bad ones. Why play Russian Roulette?
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Few of the stainless internals Gunworks going on TM at the moment for cheap. Picked one up for the 6.5 brand spanking for $180. Felt good when it turned up with its $430 price ticket still attached
    gadgetman and stumpy like this.

I'll wade in for the controversy

Had 3 RR suppressors.
    1 x air rifle. Did the advertised job, was very light weight, sold with air rifle. No complaints.
    1 x .22. Did the advertised job, was light weight, sold with the .22. No complaints. Dropped off to him for a clean and paint touch up, no $ charge and took 24 hours.
    1 x .223. Still have it. Keeps the noise down, a R700 and a Tika 223 that also shoot with me at the same time with the same ammo. R700 has a bigger, heavier over barrel suppressor (manufacturer unknown) but it is a *touch* quieter than my RR. Tika has a Hardy I believe, *def quieter* than my RR, both are the about same weight. My 223 one gets dropped off once a year, clean and check and returned in 24 hours with no cost. Why ? Because he can, because I want it done, and not necessarily because it needs it (he's on my way to work). Had mine for about 4 years, would prob go through @800+ rounds a year through it on rabbits down south, silhouette shooting and general range shooting.

Your mileage will vary, but I've used a couple of his and they work for me. Have also used Gunworks and DPT - they also work for me and I still own a DPT for one of my rifles.

If you spend more $$ generally you'll get better results. You could use a Manders for a .22 with a rattling spring, from GC. Or make your own with the oil filter trick. What you can do, and what you really should do are 2 different things.
    stumpy likes this.