Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Micky Duck
  • 1 Post By Nugget connaisseur
  • 1 Post By Waldo Peens
  • 2 Post By Waldo Peens
  • 1 Post By Bill999

Thread: DPT Stubby Muzzle forward Centerfire

DPT Stubby Muzzle forward Centerfire

Has anyone had experience with these suppressors? Seem pretty light at 150gms and reasonably priced

http://www.dpt.co.nz/product.php?id_product=99

I was thinking maybe the Oceania Defence Alpine Hunter but they are definitely pricey unless I can make one fit a 6.5mm CM and a 7mm/08

if weight isnt so much of an issue...look at waitaki muzzle forward...Im very impressed with mine other than its weight.
    Waldo Peens likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I have the muzzle forwards with one stainless baffle and then 3 or 4 normal ones. It works well enough. But it does losen itself off. I don't have that with the over barrels. I'll try a bit of thread tape next time
    Micky Duck likes this.

I second @Micky Duck, I have several Waitaki's and they are very effective.
    They are just chunky (Like me), but overall not too long and will last forever!
    Micky Duck likes this.
    The Truth shall make ye fret.

@Nugget, for the muzzle forwards, get a crush washer. This applies constant pressure forward and solves the self-unscrewing problem.
    The Truth shall make ye fret.

I have the gen one version of the same thing and the alpine odl titanium, the dpt is quieter and I use it more because I’m less worried about breaking it
    I also like that you can just keep adding all your other larger cal dpt baffles to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck likes this.

Guessing the picture is the DPT model you are talking about that is quieter than the OD titanium one? I think the stubby one only has 3 baffles on it.
    I agree that being able to add baffles is a great feature but was trying to find a light option. I have an Aimpoint Suppressor on a Kimber Hunter but to be honest I am disappointed not with the suppressor’s performance but with the balance of the rifle now - just feels too front heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Staffnurse41 View Post
    Guessing the picture is the DPT model you are talking about that is quieter than the OD titanium one? I think the stubby one only has 3 baffles on it.
    I agree that being able to add baffles is a great feature but was trying to find a light option. I have an Aimpoint Suppressor on a Kimber Hunter but to be honest I am disappointed not with the suppressor’s performance but with the balance of the rifle now - just feels too front heavy.
    It’s quieter with 3 baffles than the Oceania defence titanium
    I add more to get my desired muzzle weight and subsonic performance
    The titanium one is fine and silly light at 190 odd grams, and maybe if I was mountain goating I’d use it more but I’m more motivated to use it more but I there’s nothing the OD does that the dpt doesn’t do better at half the price

I

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The OD bieng 30cal will do all of the calibers you mentioned, and will half your suppressor weight but it is a compromise on bieng not as quiet and rather pricy

I like the idea of wearing out a dpt but not so much the OD and they look like they might smash if dropped on a rock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Bill999
    In an ideal world you would be able to trial all the options before you buy But …
    Thankfully guys like you are happy to share real world experience
    I was relying on the 2017 Rod & Rifle suppressor test for some guidance
    About time Rod & Rifle did an update - can’t see NZ Hunter doing anything similar sadly