Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DPT tools for separating seized suppressor baffles

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by caberslash View Post
    Interesting as quite a few Americans do demo's involving the suppressor being dipped into water, muzzle down, then shot, to show a 'wet' level of sound moderation.

At the end of the day people do as they wish with a product, it doesn't mean its recommended by the manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by caberslash View Post

Another point I would raise, being a DPT MkII owner, is the possibility of someone not completely threading the baffles back together before use.

Assume this would result in a catastrophic failure @DPT ?
    As far as I know, that issue has not come up. But that would be no different than someone not screwing their suppressor fully onto the muzzle,
    veitnamcam likes this.

My mate uses 50/50 ATF and Acetone to unbundle seized stuff. Reckons nothing beats it.
    Bill999 likes this.

Another point I would raise, being a DPT MkII owner, is the possibility of someone not completely threading the baffles back together before use.

Assume this would result in a catastrophic failure @DPT ?

I did this , used to store my supressor after cleaning with baffles only screwed on half way at best. When I was firing the gun at paper I thought it sounded different but put it down to the earmuffs and a new firing position, shooting bedside the shed, and getting bounce of the corrugated iron. Saw my 5 shot group was only 4 shots and very very very average. After pondering that for a moment I then noticed my supressor was half screwed together and sporting some baffle strike on the end cap. Still works.....

LBD
    I recently acquired a used suppressor with a build up of carbon to some degree ... I was amazed how well my ultrasonic case cleaner, cleaned the carbon out... took about an hour total.... hot, with a bit of dishwashing detergent and the carbon broke up, fell away or dissolved.

Re assembled with a light coat of synthetic grease on the threads and a light smear over the areas that were built up with carbon. It is now clean and good as new on the inside.
    Last edited by LBD; 14-04-2022 at 05:38 AM.
    Bill999 and GWH like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    My mate uses 50/50 ATF and Acetone to unbundle seized stuff. Reckons nothing beats it.
    50/50 atf and diesel is what I use to unseaze engines that have ran dry on oil
    cool to see its really similar