Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: E-CAT Endorsement Requirements

You can be paranoid and still have people out to get you.

You are a strange one. I say lifes to short to always be arguing for the sake of arguing & going against the grain with others.

Maybe try a more friendly approach @systolic to the forum. This forum has always had shit banta no doubt but as a collective of good honest info & advice it's mostly been good. Also people here considering the times we are living in are sticking together more then ever now so rather then trying to criticize others heavily, perhaps consider a more helpful approach.
    308, 10-Ring, Tommy and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    You can be paranoid and still have people out to get you.
    Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't make you wrong.........

A little paranoia is healthy I think, for example I am weary of security issues arising from tardme like mentioned above, so I use a different tardme account (a family member's one actually, having two yourself is against their rules I imagine) for anything firearm related, with anything that might give away my address (e.g. flatmates wanted, vehicles for sale) being listed on another.

Getting back to the E endorsement question, I think mine was all sorted within 2-3 weeks, probably sped things along by listing two well-known collectors in town, both being on good terms with the arms officers through decades of shooting, hell the arms officer probably had them on speed-dial. My understanding is that if your referees hold the endorsement it helps, but if not then try to list dealers/gun store owners, police officers, people with a lot of experience in the Deerstalkers Association or Mountain Safety Council, that type of thing. As above, you may run into trouble trying to list hunting/pest control by itself, as I've heard they will try to make you justify it, as in at least 80% of your income must come from pest control services to warrant using those big scary magazines, but I'm not sure if this is true. The way I see it, if you are a serious shooter you won't have any issues as you'll inevitably have joined a club where they shoot service rifle, and can just say that. I see reloading the same way; if you do enough shooting you're eventually going to end up loading your own.
    308 likes this.

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality.
    I know some paranoid people who aren't like that, another type entirely - they have this belief that they are superior as they know the "real truth" and that the "sheeple" are being fed bullshit by the "lamestream media"
    All terribly tiresome

I think being security conscious is fair enough but some paranoiacs have trouble understanding that they aren't worth being a target as they aren't that important
    norsk likes this.

The fear of having firearms stolen is a rational fear, something worth being anxious about, and taking steps to prevent.
    The fear of the aliens (who are bankrolled by the Illuminati) reading your thoughts via a satellite is irrational, and wearing a tinfoil hat to prevent it is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    The fear of having firearms stolen is a rational fear, something worth being anxious about, and taking steps to prevent.
    The fear of the aliens (who are bankrolled by the Illuminati) reading your thoughts via a satellite is irrational, and wearing a tinfoil hat to prevent it is silly.
    I love these ones....Why would aliens travel that far and wonder what we are thinking? It would mean as much to them as us developing the same technology then using it on sheep to find out what they are thinking......And for the conspiracy that they are in league with other humans; well, would you conspire with a sheep to find out what other sheep are thinking? Or are you like everyone else and dont really give a toss what food thinks?

And finally as a paraphrase from a movie called "Paul" re the abduction and anal probing, would they really travel that far just to harvest farts?
    308 and ROKTOY like this.

I have just read through 8 pages of this post looking for the information on how to beat the system and get an E endorsement. The Kiwi gunblog guy has posted the police association's, now not secret thanks to an OIA, submission to the arms inquiry committee and in it it specifically mentions them reading forums and seeing posts about how to beat the system to get an E.
    On their presentation notes they have the link to this forum and this thread.

So conclusive proof then that someone is following this and probably other forums and data mining it for their own ends.
    JasonW likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Jones View Post
    I have just read through 8 pages of this post looking for the information on how to beat the system and get an E endorsement. The Kiwi gunblog guy has posted the police association's, now not secret thanks to an OIA, submission to the arms inquiry committee and in it it specifically mentions them reading forums and seeing posts about how to beat the system to get an E.
    On their presentation notes they have the link to this forum and this thread.

So conclusive proof then that someone is following this and probably other forums and data mining it for their own ends.
    But you dont need to beat the system just need to have real reasons
    why your want to use a mssa over a non mssa firearm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

I just skim read the whole thread myself and couldn't see anything that would suggest we have "cheated" the system either. But we now know the Police Association are a bunch of chicken little pricks that would rather nobody had an E endorsement.
    dogmatix and Tommy like this.

... And police and their association are demonstrating a firm grasp of this thought concept.
    veitnamcam and blake like this.

For those wondering what the NZ Police Association was saying about this thread in their submission:

Name:  PA lies.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  20.9 KB

and

Name:  PA lies 2.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  11.4 KB

As we know they are reading this, let's show them what the law ACTUALLY requires:

Arms Act 1983
    30B Power to make endorsement in respect of military style semi-automatic firearm

On receiving an application under section 30A, a member of the Police may, subject to any direction from the Commissioner, make the endorsement applied for if that member is satisfied that the applicant is a fit and proper person to be in possession of the military style semi-automatic firearm to which that application relates.

Where's the "requirements on legitimate membership of Rifle Club, participating in’3 gun matches’ " or " the need for pest control "?

There isn't one. The drafter of that document (perhaps the President of the Police Association?) is either incompetent or a liar.

Any lawful purpose IS a valid use for a MSSA. Not the reasons that the NZ Police Association feel is 'suitable'.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshogi View Post
    For those wondering what the NZ Police Association was saying about this thread in their submission:

Attachment 66926

and

Attachment 66927

As we know they are reading this, let's show them what the law ACTUALLY requires:

Arms Act 1983
    30B Power to make endorsement in respect of military style semi-automatic firearm

On receiving an application under section 30A, a member of the Police may, subject to any direction from the Commissioner, make the endorsement applied for if that member is satisfied that the applicant is a fit and proper person to be in possession of the military style semi-automatic firearm to which that application relates.

Where's the "requirements on legitimate membership of Rifle Club, participating in’3 gun matches’ " or " the need for pest control "?

There isn't one. The drafter of that document (perhaps the President of the Police Association?) is either incompetent or a liar.

Any lawful purpose IS a valid use for a MSSA. Not the reasons that the NZ Police Association feel is 'suitable'.
    Exactly and hunting is pest control, I know a few farms i had access too had big old bull holes that the rabbets would love to dig and play in, sometimes u would walk up and 5 rabbits would take off in all directions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Jones View Post

Shock horror! People are reading information on a public internet forum!