Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Enfield scope mounts

I got asked the other day if CZ 16mm scope rings would fit Enfield No4 parkerhale type scope mounts. Any thoughts?

Yes, if it is the narrower PH mounts. There was 2 common sizes, 16 and 19mm I think. And apparently 2 other sizes as well

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600#2 View Post
    Yes, if it is the narrower PH mounts. There was 2 common sizes, 16 and 19mm I think. And apparently 2 other sizes as well
    Apparently the mounts on the rifle are 19.5mm at their widest, 15.5 at their narrowest. But where in the scope rings rail clamp does CZ measure from? Is 16mm the widest or narrowest part of the clamp?

Quote Originally Posted by Three O'Three View Post
    Apparently the mounts on the rifle are 19.5mm at their widest, 15.5 at their narrowest. But where in the scope rings rail clamp does CZ measure from? Is 16mm the widest or narrowest part of the clamp?
    Not sure, would assume that CZ would measure the same as the other manufacturers, at the widest.

Most parker hale mounts aren't tapered front to back if that's what you are saying with the CZ? The Parker Hales are fairly standard taper at about 45deg angle, I think the CZ are a little steeper but it does depend on which model you are looking at. Sportsmatch are a good source for Parker Hale compatible rings if you need them and can't find anything else.

It was Sako mounts that tapered front to back. In the days before the like of Kimber were available & Brno mounts were unobtainable, I ground the taper off the locking clamps on a set of Sako mounts to use on a Brno 602 in 416 Rigby. The rear mounts jammed into the blind dovetails on the rear bridge & did an effective job in stopping the recoil moving the mounts, at least for the time I had it.

Have a set of Parker Hale rings here for the 19mm dovetail. 65 dollars includes post.