Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree22Likes
  • 3 Post By Mr300WSM
  • 1 Post By Bucko
  • 1 Post By trooper90
  • 3 Post By bigbear
  • 2 Post By quentin
  • 3 Post By dannyb
  • 3 Post By bigbear
  • 4 Post By Kelton
  • 2 Post By bigbear

Thread: Leupold warranty

Leupold warranty

Hi my son bought a pair of leupold binos about 6 months ago from a retailer up north. They have moisture in one lense now just from normal use not a dunking. Can he just return them to somewhere in NZ or does he have to send them to Aussie? The warranty website is a bit vague he says.

Take them to any retailer they should send them to Asia nz on your behalf and get it sorted. Gun city chch sent mine and a didn’t purchase them there
    lau lau, trooper90 and TimC like this.

Bit of a tangent, but sort of related; how do you check serial number on a Leupy item is genuine?
    Eastern Wander likes this.

Saying this just in case but make sure hes not using liquid cleaning agents directly on the lens, it can cause the seals to fail. Lens cleaner might be safe but should be applied to the cleaning cloth itself, never use window cleaner and liquid cleaners should be last in line after something like a lens pen.

No hasn't cleaned the lenses with anything. I will tell him to drop into a local retailer any cost to send away?
    Micky Duck likes this.

Just cost me $50, the pair i sent back might have been 5 plus years. they replaced them with a brand new pair
    Micky Duck, BSA270 and TimC like this.

Under the Consumer Guarantees Act the retailer you purchased them from needs to arrange the repair or replacement. At 6 months old, there should not be a discussion of the customer paying for the repair, regardless of whether they are sent away or not.
    If we wanted to be arranging our own repairs, we might as well pay less for the items and source directly from overseas.
    bman940 and TimC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Just cost me $50, the pair i sent back might have been 5 plus years. they replaced them with a brand new pair
    Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Under the Consumer Guarantees Act the retailer you purchased them from needs to arrange the repair or replacement. At 6 months old, there should not be a discussion of the customer paying for the repair, regardless of whether they are sent away or not.
    If we wanted to be arranging our own repairs, we might as well pay less for the items and source directly from overseas.
    I would say the $50 he paid would be for shipping to and from nzasia not for the repair some retailers charge it some don't. Chances are it would've been sent to Australia for evaluation as well. Only time I've ever dealt with nzasia I sent directly to them so had to pay shipping anyway. I think they don't allow you to send direct anymore. I'm not saying it's right or wrong but to get a $1000+/- scope, binos etc fixed/replaced it's worth it.
    Micky Duck, bigbear and BSA270 like this.
    #DANNYCENT

Yeah I still find it on the nose. $50 is $50. I would be happy to pay to get them back to NZ Asia. Like $15
    bman940, quentin and TimC like this.

Take them anywhere that sells leupold job done Lilly give you a new pair after evaluation the $50 will depend on the store you got to mates just had his scope replaced at no cost about 7 years old

I had a vx6 fail after 1 use, brought it online from GC who wanted me to send it back to them in Christchurch. Took it to the local H&F instead, was sent away and had a brand new replacement that was sent in 2 weeks, no charge for anything, might have got lucky with that. Apparently the local importer didn't bother to insepct it too much and just sent out the new one

Good to know are there more failures in Leupold gear than in the past? I have had a M8 4x for 40 yrs no issue

Even the best of the best optics fail out of the box.
    But as i have said before the guys at NZ Asia a bloody good to deal with even if you have to send it through a retailer.
    mikee and trooper90 like this.