Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Thumbs up for leupold lifetime warranty

Thumbs up for leupold lifetime warranty

I’ve had a pair of leupold bx2 cascades for a long time maybe 15 years. About 6 months ago the screw out eye piece came all the way out, not thinking about warranty I just kept using them not ideal but still worked. Having a look around the garage the other week I found the box for them, inside was The lifetime warranty card. So I thought will it be worth sending them overseas to get repaired. I called Asia NZ the importers and talked to a very helpful guy on the phone who said “ take them to the nearest gun shop they will send them to us and we will replace them”. So today I picked up a brand new pair of bx2 alpines, never thought after so long they would just replace them. So thanks leupold lifetime warranty
    Name:  B0760EB3-15D8-4BF6-BD68-DA0167D2B961.jpeg
Views: 504
Size:  2.45 MB
    Bryan, 199p, rupert and 22 others like this.

Yep, good to their word. I had a RX1000i range finder that gave problems after a few years. Sent it back to Leupold in the US and they replaced it with a later model RX1200i. Excellent service!
    Micky Duck and caberslash like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Fisherman View Post
    Yep, good to their word. I had a RX1000i range finder that gave problems after a few years. Sent it back to Leupold in the US and they replaced it with a later model RX1200i. Excellent service!
    Be very careful with things like range finders as I'm pretty sure they are only covered for 2-3 years
    bigbear likes this.
    #DANNYCENT

For every time they fix / replace an old loved piece of gear they sell 3 or 4 new ones and its good business - everyones happy.
    New optics are used a lot at first then over the years less often and pretty soon it’s “look at that 25 yr scope on my spare 22 ! Still going strong good as the day i bought it. “ So an accountant can calculate a liability for an infinite time period and its just a finite value and sustainable as long as they're stillselling a few new ones for cash flow.
    Micky Duck, BSA270 and RUMPY like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Be very careful with things like range finders as I'm pretty sure they are only covered for 2-3 years
    Agreed. The electro part of electro-optics often has a shorter warranty and what use is that ?
    A good reason not to buy multifunction devices like Bluetooth scopes.
    mikee and dannyb like this.

AND it keeps people happy with the gear they own.....ALL my rifles wear leupolds now.....25 years ago with a young family I couldnt afford a single one.....good budgeting by my wonderful wife and waiting till right one popped up at right price has seen me gradually put them on all my rifles...
    the fact that there is a beautiful kahles sitting in spare parts draw says it all really.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

@Mr300WSM How long did it take? Sent away a VX5 a couple weeks back which looked like it had an internal coating failure (fleck of black stuff on the inside of lenses).

Can’t beat them I’m looking at going Leupold again

Quote Originally Posted by Makros View Post
    @Mr300WSM How long did it take? Sent away a VX5 a couple weeks back which looked like it had an internal coating failure (fleck of black stuff on the inside of lenses).
    Took them into gun city Christchurch maybe 2 and a half weeks ago got them today
    Shearer and Micky Duck like this.

Im curious if it all went well due to that warrenty card?

is it the same if you baught it second hand or have lost it?

I have tons of leupolds mostly second hand is all

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post

My experience was to email with the nice folks at NZ Asia that I had a similar broken eyepiece. I enquired if I could buy a replacement eyepiece assembly as I had been given these binos and I had no expectation of any warranty service whatsoever. They simply said to ship the whole binocular to them. They didn't ask about where they came from at all. I shipped them off and received a brand new set of binos exactly like the OP did.

I had a VArix iii 2.5-8 for 25+ years. sent it back and said it had lost its low light ability. Came back with new lenses on the outside at least, not sure on the inside.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post

As @Steelisreal said Asia nz didn’t require the warranty card, they didn’t even want the original box. The guy at guncity even took the neck strap off and gave it to me.
    Bill999 likes this.

Thats the beauty of buying Leupold. New or second hand matters not. As long as its genuine then it has proper lifetime warrenty.
    Cant not like that
    Bill999 likes this.

On the rangefinder side of things, we have found if you send a old one back they offer 50% of a new one, bino,s and scopes ownership is irrelevant warranty is on the product not the person, this is any leupold product tri pods, rings anything, and the boys at Nz Asia are great to deal with, but you can return them to any leupold dealer in the world.