Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: expensive tikka t3 trademe

Seems to be a glut of overpriced Tikkas for sale on Tardme.

I love how people think they can sell them for more than retail when they are standard.
    Hunt4life and dannyb like this.
    Warm Barrels!

My general rule of thumb if buying stuff second hand is to stick to the 25% rule.
    The item can be brand new in the box still, but if you bought it and walked out the store with it then you need to knock 25% off its value before I will consider buying it, and then knock more off for any use, damage etc. Some guys might be dreamers with what they expect to sell stuff for but there is a few numptys around that will pay the silly money which is what must give them hope.
    Tikkas and VX3s are in their own special league though, they seem to never depreciate and in fact quite often appreciate in value
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    My general rule of thumb if buying stuff second hand is to stick to the 25% rule.
    The item can be brand new in the box still, but if you bought it and walked out the store with it then you need to knock 25% off its value before I will consider buying it, and then knock more off for any use, damage etc. Some guys might be dreamers with what they expect to sell stuff for but there is a few numptys around that will pay the silly money which is what must give them hope.
    Tikkas and VX3s are in their own special league though, they seem to never depreciate and in fact quite often appreciate in value
    Just like sone of the shit box Toyota Hilux and Surfs with only 400,000kms on them, come pre fitted with mud tyres and 4" lift so you know they have had a hard life.

I think the issue is there are a lot of dreamers/idiots out there and it just so happens that Leupolds and Tikkas are very common/popular so it makes sense to be more of them than other rifles.

Theres a guy trying to sell a T3x stock for $300 whilst there are multiple listed for $120-$150. I keep meaning to ask if he will sell without the gold bars.
    dannyb likes this.

hahaha my mate tried to sell me his factory Tikka Muzzle brake for $300 because that's what gun city told it was worth to sell, so they could upsell him from the standard non braked tikka.

Not his fault but I duely informed him of his naivety, he is now stuck with a shit muzzle brake that he never wanted and he paid a premium to get it.
    Beetroot and Hunt4life like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    All your comments are starting to make me think I should put my Tikka T3 7-08 with optilocks and VX3 up for sale. It’s even actually killed a few deer!
    Sounds like I might get sooo much loot I could buy two or three Sakos to replace it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gadgetman, Steve123 and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    No,no,no you guys are figuring this all wrong...

Second hand Tikka - doubles in value

That second hand tikka when you top it with average glass - at least triple the value

Then of course you need to add a surcharge to recover the Tardme fees, so if anything this is a bargain.
    That's because of the hundreds of dollars spent to get them to shoot straight!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt4life View Post
    All your comments are starting to make me think I should put my Tikka T3 7-08 with optilocks and VX3 up for sale. It’s even actually killed a few deer!
    Sounds like I might get sooo much loot I could buy two or three Sakos to replace it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Put a biege stock on it and you'll get $5k at least. Lesser mortals will pay a premium so they can "Fit in".

if it was a 270 it would be worth even more.
    just sayin...
    The truth is out there
    Hunt4life and Micky Duck like this.

Better to buy a new outfit than pay that price second hand, probably work out a lot cheaper.
    Hunt4life and timattalon like this.