Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Fastest Rimfire in the World ...

Less than 350 retail in us. Be interesting to see what they cost here

Re: Fastest Rimfire in the World ...

Yep it will be.
    1500?

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

1500 at gun city maybe...

For comparison the Mk2 BTVS is RRP US $495 and available around US $400 in the states, and around $850 retail in shops here.

My last Savage 93R17 BRJ I got for $750... and the US RRP is $510US.

I reckon these'll end up more expensive than the HMRs because it's a different, newer, bigger action right? Even if they're cheaper in the states it doesn't mean it'll be cheaper here

Re: Fastest Rimfire in the World ...

Time will tell.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Prices will probably be inflated initially because of novelty factor, but hopefully when they release it in other calibers (and presumably wood/laminate versions as well) it won't be too steep. I expect the new action will end up replacing the Mk2 / 93, so there might be some cheap runout deals at some stage too.

I am more interested in the new heavier rifle action , BUT only if they make it in 22LR .

I just never understood the 17HMR or this new cal , in light of what the ammo costs HERE , in the US its alot different , here its never stacked up for me as I reload etc , 22Hornet & 223 are cheaper for me to use and have much more range and usually better rifles etc .

So to me , the fast rimfires never made any sense to me at all .

Later Chris

A good example of personal likes and dislikes and diferences in how we use rifles . Im the oposite and gave my hornet to a mate as the extra range it had over the hmr wasnt worth it to me, I like being able to shoot and move without giving a thought to where the brass has gone and I do enough reloading to make a rimfire a pleasant change. It is cool having the options to choose from.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisF View Post
    I am more interested in the new heavier rifle action , BUT only if they make it in 22LR .

I just never understood the 17HMR or this new cal , in light of what the ammo costs HERE , in the US its alot different , here its never stacked up for me as I reload etc , 22Hornet & 223 are cheaper for me to use and have much more range and usually better rifles etc .

So to me , the fast rimfires never made any sense to me at all .

Later Chris
    I'll tell you what I like about the HMR Chris.

It's very light, fast (flat shooting), and frangible. Very quiet (when suppressed) and come in very light rifles. It's pretty safe to use (on the smaller farms I shoot on) as you really don't have to worry much about ricochets. Those little pills hit anything and they fly apart.

The big downsides are (as you said) cost, you can't reload, and the wind is a real bitch with them when firing out past 100+ (in saying that, 200m shots are quite possible on a still day. It does really run out of grunt out there though).

Bowling possums out of trees is a lot of fun. The projectiles dump all their energy and fragment as soon as they hit

The cost of the nice 17 HMR rifles are in the same price point as nice centerfire rifles , when the cal 1st came OUT yrs ago , I wanted it to work , BUT in NZ for me it does not stack up , due to high ammo costs mainly , but as you pointed out WIND effects it greatly , and for us in NZ , its always windy .

So for me it made more sense to get a small 22 Hornet CZ527 rifle ( or a 222 or 223 ) , and its got heaps more grunt etc & is for me a rifle which is more handy as a varmint & goat gun , where the 17 HMR is not UP to goats .

Later Chris