Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Film: Kahles 624i

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Reticle sorry. Auto spell on phone.
    I just rest the camera on the cheekrest and zoom in on the sight picture.

Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    Informitive as always,cold but the ground is dry? whats the round count on the Blaser now?
    Everything is frozen so dry ground. Have lost count really, in the area of 2000 with the 6.5x284 barrel and "more" with the 6,5x55 barrel. 2 crates + realoads of these. Just reloaded 600 for the x55 today, will be gone shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    ... but do you reckon you could hit a rabbit with it?
    I will never know, no rabbits here

Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post
    What kind of suppressor is that?
    Atex Maxim Titanium. Really neat, noticably better than my CTM4 in terms of suppression, but I want lightweight for hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Interesting to hear you say that about the S&B PMII in comparison. Having never played with a S&B i figured the kahles was great but the S&B must be a lot better still for the price.
    SAAB test laboratory measured/ tested the Kahles. It IS a superior scope to NF, Premier etc and just as good if not better than the S&B. The only thing I don't like is that you can't lift/ reset the turrets like the S&B, you have to adjust the scopemount cant to get full use of both turret revolutions.

Great vid as always! What sort of rear bag is that you are using?

Also, what are your thoughts on this article/opinion on shooting technique? Hold that Forend!

Rich
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

Quote Originally Posted by Norway View Post
    The only thing I don't like is that you can't lift/ reset the turrets like the S&B, you have to adjust the scopemount cant to get full use of both turret revolutions.
    Yep, that is a bit of a pain but one you should only really have to deal with when first setting the rifle up with the scope. We set my kahles 418TT up in Sako Optilocks. With a ruler and a calculator we soon worked out what thickness shims to place under the rear scope mount. A little trial and error later and i now have less than 1MOA below the 100m zero before the scope bottoms out.

Certainly not ideal using the scope right at the ends of its travel but it works and has proven reliable with the scope i have.

Thanks for you comments though, i'll have to remember that when looking at scopes again. The kahles are certainly a lot cheaper to buy compared with the Premier and the S&B.

SAAB test laboratory measured/ tested the Kahles. It IS a superior scope to NF, Premier etc and just as good if not better than the S&B. The only thing I don't like is that you can't lift/ reset the turrets like the S&B, you have to adjust the scopemount cant to get full use of both turret revolutions.[/QUOTE]

Good vid thanks. What was measured/tested at the laboratory?

When I was running a S&B I had to cant the base to use all of the elevation in the scope.

I see Desert Tactical Arms are now using Kahles on their bullpups.
    Cheers.

That's a bit shit about the turrets not been resetable to zero after sighting it in. If I've read this correctly I wouldn't buy one until they fixed this issue.

kj

Quote Originally Posted by Rich007 View Post
    Great vid as always! What sort of rear bag is that you are using?

Also, what are your thoughts on this article/opinion on shooting technique? Hold that Forend!

Rich
    Thanks! That is a Red Tac Halfpint rear bag. I bought mine from Triad Tactical. I've nagged a company into making rearbags to my specs. They arrive in January and IF BIG IF they really are as spec'ed they should be ever so slightly better. If not, just an embarrasment as I got my logo on them.

The article? Well he seems to get his results and a huge variety of styles would give results. 2,5" @700 should be a benchrest national record here I think. I stick to the procedures for controlling pressure and sightpicture described in "Ways of the Rifle". Olympian target shooters are possibly THE most technically proficiant shooters there is, considering their results and the atlethe science that backs them. If I read it correctly I shouldn't hit anything with my 338?

Quote Originally Posted by Nzgunner View Post
    What was measured/tested at the laboratory?
    From the top of my head, click repeatability, light transmission, twilight performance and "low sun in the scope" performance ("against-light" test, I don't know how that translates. Lesser scopes give a milky picture as the light is bonced all over inside the scope)

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    That's a bit shit about the turrets not been resetable to zero after sighting it in. If I've read this correctly I wouldn't buy one until they fixed this issue.

kj
    No, you can set it to 0 after zeroing. But to make full use of both turret revolutions you must get a proper cant on the scope mount. This is fairly common on these type of scopes. I got 150 clicks from a 0 MOA mount, 20 MOA would give appr 210 clicks, 30 MOA 240 clicks, 40 MOA 270 clicks, so I'd need 30 something MOA for full use of all 260 clicks on this scope. (the above numbers are not exact calculations.)

Film: Kahles 624i

Thanks, will you be selling your rear bags directly? If so how much for?

No, I won't be selling these at all. I got a company to produce them at their expense and risk. In trade for my input, my logo goes on the product. There's a few items here that's "mainstream" now which I'd like to have assosciated with me. It's a lot easier to get an ear if people assosciate you with something.

They will be priced under the Red Tac bag as the improvement is minute.

That would be an interesting article regarding the scope tests at the laboratory. Do you have a link?

No it is in a Swedish print nagazine. Vapentidningen

Film: Kahles 624i

Sweet as. Could you please post the contact details of the company making them. Thanks, Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Norway View Post
    No it is in a Swedish print nagazine. Vapentidningen
    Thanks. Will have to learn Swedish

Just wondering which model scopes (premier & nightforce) were tested against the Kahles?

The parallax adjustment looks very nice on the Kahles6-24i...I like it

Premier Heritage 3-15x50 Tactical and NF NXS 3,5-15x56

NZgunner - you should try and get the NZ agency of this scope. It's real nice and the current NZ agents are fucking useless. I've said it before and I will say it again, I have NO idea how some of the idiots in this industry get the agencies they do.
    Wirehunt likes this.

LinkBacks (?)