Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by turner nz View Post
    That's more like it; shorten the handguard to 10'', loose the mag well and put a standard A2 stock on the back and you'd have a very practical weapon.

I guess I'm trying to help by letting others know my own past mistakes with Ar builds. My first AR was an 20'' HBAR and it was a heavy pig. My second wasn't much better, it had way too many add ons making it aweful to carry and use. The third is the one I'm using now it's nearly as good as I can get it.

The Carbon15 would be best of all, but its out of the price range I'm willing to pay for something that gets a pretty hard time as a work tool.

kj

The Carbon15 has a wholesale price pretty close to what we pay for the Mossberg MMR. They are a very lightweight gun but thats about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    The Carbon15 has a wholesale price pretty close to what we pay for the Mossberg MMR. They are a very lightweight gun but thats about it.
    I'm out of touch with prices, but when I looked at one 6 years ago it would have set me back about 6K from Sportsways. But back then GC were selling AR's for up to 12K!!!

I ended up importing my own ones, and with the cost of the hand-in they ran about 3.5K which was a good deal at the time.

Gotta hand it to you Digit, you certainly did us all a favour by bringing in those NEA Ar's as all the major gun stores have magically cut the cost of their Ar's in NZ by 50% or more, which is great...funny how shit like that happens with a bit of healthy competition eh?

kj

I hate to think what NZ Police paid for there BM's if Sportways was the wholesaler.

Probably cheaper than what the military pay for theirs with the backup packages.