Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Firearms you're glad you sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Been Upto View Post
    Fuck thats keen going for a rem mag first!
    Yeah was a bit misguided, my much more experienced mate had one and raved about it, so I had to have one.....luckily I quickly realised I needed to cut my teeth on something a little less KABOOMY

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    My old flatmate got one for his first rifle, well before I met him. The flinch this guy had was just amazing, even when using a 22. First time he shot a tahr, it was at 50m, no rush, aaaand got it in a front hoof. His mate then caught it on the stumble with an opensighted AR. Still thinks it was the bees knees choice
    Yeah totally not a great first rifle, I have since owned and still own some of 17hmr, 22, 223, 243, 308, 270, another 7mm rem mag and finally settled on a braked 270wsm.
    My 223 taught me alot about shooting consistently wish I'd kept that one.
    Been Upto likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    My old flatmate got one for his first rifle, well before I met him. The flinch this guy had was just amazing, even when using a 22. First time he shot a tahr, it was at 50m, no rush, aaaand got it in a front hoof. His mate then caught it on the stumble with an opensighted AR. Still thinks it was the bees knees choice
    Thats hilarious bro! My flatmate also has a terrible flinch he traded his .223 for a .300wsm lmao didnt help very much
    25 /08 IMP and rewa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Been Upto View Post
    Thats hilarious bro! My flatmate also has a terrible flinch he traded his .223 for a .300wsm lmao didnt help very much
    Just shut your eyes and pull the trigger

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk
    Been Upto likes this.

northdude
    Nea ar15 what a pile of shit that was thanks to the circus i got 700 more than i paid for it

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Model 88 in 308
    What did you not like?

Norinco 223, bolt would jam closed with a live round in the chamber, had to use a chunk if wood to lift the bolt ehilst avoiding pointing the barrel in your face

Remington 783 in 308, it functioned but was a classic case of cost cutting, no aethetics or finishing touches
    dannyb likes this.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Remington 770 plastic junk
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Norinco 223, bolt would jam closed with a live round in the chamber, had to use a chunk if wood to lift the bolt ehilst avoiding pointing the barrel in your face
    Fuck I came close to buying one of those after being pleasantly supprised by my jw15..... I thought shit they must be all good, luckily I was warned off by a mate
    rewa likes this.

a stirling 22 magnum I refinished the stock on, I was only happy to sell as the guys on trademe got into a bidding war and likely payed more than they cost new
    the stock must have been to their liking

northdude
    H&r 243 tried everything other than re engineer it to have an extractor to get the cases out after firing

Suburbs of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
    Walther PPS. The narrow grip pushed right on a nerve in the palm of my hand. After 6 or so range trips, I couldn't put more than 20 rounds down range before my hand started to hurt like mad or go numb. Sucks because it's a great carry piece.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."
    - (Patrick Henry, 3 J. Elliot, Debates in the Several State Conventions 45, 2d ed. Philadelphia, 1836)

A Fabarm Lion H368, think I persevered for 3 seasons before giving up on that piece of shit, after service care was great but u shouldn't be taking in a shotty more times than you take it out. Should have spent the extra money at the time and got the RR of shotguns, Benelli
    rewa likes this.

An early Baikal single-shot 12g, kicked like a mule and sometimes went-off when you closed it--gave it away. Miroku single-shot 12g, kicked worse than the Rusky, sold it on tardme. When he picked it up, he informed me it was for a 15yr-old. I suggested the boy would never fire a gun again after that

Quote Originally Posted by charliehorse View Post
    A Fabarm Lion H368, think I persevered for 3 seasons before giving up on that piece of shit, after service care was great but u shouldn't be taking in a shotty more times than you take it out. Should have spent the extra money at the time and got the RR of shotguns, Benelli
    I wished I'd kept my Benneli, and my Norton, and my 750 Duke...

Still trying . Chiappa Double Badger 22LR/410ga. Two warranty firing pin issues and doesn't group well with anything so far. Being an honest sort I am trying to get it to run reliably so I dont feel like I am screwing the next bloke over.