Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: First AR reccomendations

thanks guys ,
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Cheaper brands that don't do the QC break bolts on the reg, DPMS, Bushmaster, etc, I'd worry about it with Norinco etc too

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Cheaper brands that don't do the QC break bolts on the reg, DPMS, Bushmaster, etc, I'd worry about it with Norinco etc too
    Guy broke his bolt at the SR Nats other day, think it was an NEA which is interesting because I thought they were MPI'd or something. Could have been ammo issue of course, rather than a metallurgic issue.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

NEA are advertised as MPI tested but were, at least, only batch tested which is basically useless

NEA's share a few parts found commonly in other ARs inc BCG's and the FCG.The FCG is the same as what is used by Sig and S&W. For the volume of NEAs sold the fail on bolts is minute. But because NEA is one of the very few AR brands officially represented here, any warranty issues are dealt with immediately and at no cost. You may not get that level of timely service for other brands or private imports.

NEA are also constantly looking at ways to enhance their products. They have recently started manufacturing their own Bolts and Carriers and will be sending samples to NZ for evaluation in the next couple of weeks. These BCGs will feature the best in available technology.

NEA aim to produce AR15s that are at least as good as the best on the market if not better. For example NEA's are currently warrantied to withstand 50 hours of salt water submersion with zero corrosion. As the distributor in NZ, it is exciting to see what they are producing and where they are going with the AR platform.
    dirtyhabit and furstimer like this.

Pretty sure the one that broke at nationals was a first gen nea

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Being over gunned is under rated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vapour2209

Have to agree with Digit there. The NZ agent support for NEA is pretty good. Sending an email with pictures to highlight faults = overnight post with part to my location in AKL. Things do break and that's understandable. Anything that won't break, is probably something which you wouldn't want to fire.

Off the subject a little but still talking about NEA 15,s, on my one gen 2 dmr I have noticed after a club shoot of around 40 rounds that when cleaning I have found deposits on the tail of the bolt which looks like copper. and is difficult to remove. I first noticed it as a stain which when polished with 000 grade steel wool it was still there. The last shoot which was around 30 rounds at steel plates a timed event, that evening when cleaning the copper deposits seemed to be larger like a small lump. It is always in the same place and probably coming down the gas pipe and through the gas key. I,m pretty sure it is copper from the bullet getting shaved off the bullet as it passes the gas port in the barrel and super heated flowing down the and attaching to the tail of the bolt. Anyone else experienced this with other AR,s. It has by no means caused any functional issues and the NEA just keeps on going, I am using the spear 30 round mag and have had no malfunctions running it in the NEA.

Unless Crocodile Dundee decided to haul ass to NZ, that's not going to be an issue any time soon