Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By jcurtis123
  • 3 Post By Tentman

Thread: Franchi Horizon elite (.223)

Franchi Horizon elite (.223)

Looking to see if anyone has used or has had any experience with the Franchi Horizon elite rifles specifically in .223.
    Have held one in-store and liked the feel and action but wanting more information on how they shoot, trigger, durability, etc.

Cheers

Hmmm, no comments huh. I've handled a couple of these at the range when ROing and I liked them, smooth and a decent trigger. Both the ones I recall shot OK enough. If you're buying a rifle you can't find much on "out there" it might pay to buy from a retailer known to back up thier products. Gun City are usually pretty good at this!

Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post
    Hmmm, no comments huh. I've handled a couple of these at the range when ROing and I liked them, smooth and a decent trigger. Both the ones I recall shot OK enough. If you're buying a rifle you can't find much on "out there" it might pay to buy from a retailer known to back up thier products. Gun City are usually pretty good at this!
    Went ahead and bough one from Gun City I was looking at...got it for a decent price with a suppressor. Haven't had a chance to put any shots through it yet but the only thing I can fault it on that I've noticed is it has no "half cock". It has a strong 3/4 position that you would think is the half cock position but trigger will still release and I assume fire.
    m101a1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jcurtis123 View Post
    Went ahead and bough one from Gun City I was looking at...got it for a decent price with a suppressor. Haven't had a chance to put any shots through it yet but the only thing I can fault it on that I've noticed is it has no "half cock". It has a strong 3/4 position that you would think is the half cock position but trigger will still release and I assume fire.
    Use the safety. That's what it's for. Only place in the world stupid enough to teach use of the "half cock" is NZ - go figure (and our hunting safety stats are no better than other countries for it).
    Tahr, csmiffy and techno retard like this.