Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By gonetropo
  • 2 Post By Shamus_
  • 1 Post By caberslash
  • 1 Post By 308

Thread: Getting back in the game. Gunsmithing needs

Getting back in the game. Gunsmithing needs

Hi all life has kept me busy over the past few years and other things have kept me down but i want to get all my guns tidied up and ready to run at their best. I neglected bits and pieces on them because it was easier to shoot something else instead of figure out what was really wrong and excuses etc. I'm looking for a gunsmith i can sit down with and work through what i need done and needs to be one of the best. i used to do this with Harvey but sadly that's not a option. I have a 300RUM that may need a new barrel, a 204 that has 3 to 4000 rounds down it with a terrible trigger and a few others that id like to look at options with. so any opinions or options ideally in the south island that i could visit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

well your choices are gunworks, nth canterbury gunsmiths, paul manitus (spelling).
    BSA270 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    well your choices are gunworks, nth canterbury gunsmiths, paul manitus (spelling).
    That would be Greg Maniatis
    gonetropo and BSA270 like this.

What about Greystone gunsmithing?

Quote Originally Posted by stuart165 View Post
    Hi all life has kept me busy over the past few years and other things have kept me down but i want to get all my guns tidied up and ready to run at their best. I neglected bits and pieces on them because it was easier to shoot something else instead of figure out what was really wrong and excuses etc. I'm looking for a gunsmith i can sit down with and work through what i need done and needs to be one of the best. i used to do this with Harvey but sadly that's not a option. I have a 300RUM that may need a new barrel, a 204 that has 3 to 4000 rounds down it with a terrible trigger and a few others that id like to look at options with. so any opinions or options ideally in the south island that i could visit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Be easier and cheaper to flog the lot and buy rifles chambered in modern (post-2010) cartridges that shoot modern bullets, with factory ammo available.

300 PRC and a 6 ARC would cover both bases very nicely.
    Eat Meater likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by caberslash View Post
    Be easier and cheaper to flog the lot and buy rifles chambered in modern (post-2010) cartridges that shoot modern bullets, with factory ammo available.

300 PRC and a 6 ARC would cover both bases very nicely.
    300wsm and 6.5 grendal covers everything

I've used Nelson Collie down in Invers if you get that far South
    https://www.statusguns.com/index.htm
    can recommend
    NO4 likes this.