Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: This is getting ridiculous....

This is getting ridiculous....

For the first time since I can remember, having sold my last remaining two centrefire rifles, my gunsafe consists only of my lonely little 10/22, so its fair to say im looking forward to recieving my new finnlight.....
    I have lived at my current address for going in four years now, I notified the police when I first moved here and even after a follow up phonecall a year later they have still not come to re-check my security.
    Went into the local police station the other day and got the form all done to send away to the seller, then I get a phonecall this morning from firearms licensing at chch central police station informing me that since my security hasnt been re-checked, they cant forward the form to the seller untill its been done. Was told they would "try" and get out and do it next week sometime.
    I got a speeding fine a year or so back (I paid it straight away) followed by letters in the mail nearly every second day with big red writing telling me how many days I had left to pay it, seems when our police want something they can send us threatening letters yet they can take as long as they want to sort things themselves, Four f$@*ing years they have had to do it and now im left waiting before I can recieve my new rifle, not real happy.
    veitnamcam, deer243 and Tommy like this.

Public Service in a world of it's own, my wife who is a public servant has three floors of surplus office furniture sitting in storage it's been sitting there for who knows how long gathering dust

I moved 3 times in 8 years, updated my details with the Police each time and bought countless items requiring the mail order form and import permits.
    Wasn't until I applied for my E-Cat that they every actually inspected my security for the first time. 8 years!
    Welcome to Sako club.

Ask them where in s43a does it requires them to mail it to an approved location, and which section of the act or regulations allows them to refuse to perform their lawful duty.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam and Tommy like this.

I'd get on the phone to them and put some acid on them, it's their issue not yours, ask why haven't they come to remove you other firearms if they think your security needs to be checked before possessing firearms?
    199p, Maca49, Cyclops and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshogi View Post
    Ask them where in s43a does it requires them to mail it to an approved location, and which section of the act or regulations allows them to refuse to perform their lawful duty.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Funny thing is, I havnt even asked for it to be mailed to my address, I have asked for it to be sent straight to hunting and fishing in Rangiora to avoid any problems with the Rural Mail man having to deliver it (we are rural and couriers wont deliver to us, they deliver to the rural mail instead and he forwards it)
    Obviously the AO has received the form and gone to check my details and realised I havnt been re-checked (for four years...)
    So you guys reckon theres no way he can legally refuse to forward the form based only on the fact that they have taken four years to get their A-into-G?
    Was already a bit impatient knowing the long weekend etc was going to slow things down a bit, now god knows how long I am going to have to wait for them to come check my safe etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I'd get on the phone to them and put some acid on them, it's their issue not yours, ask why haven't they come to remove you other firearms if they think your security needs to be checked before possessing firearms?
    Rang just now.... AO out on duty, will call me back.....

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Ryan I have a dollar in my pocket that says he won't call you this side of ANZAC Day.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Ryan I have a dollar in my pocket that says he won't call you this side of ANZAC Day.
    Or ever man just keep ringing them

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    He was probably the one who answered the phone.
    R93, kokako, Nibblet and 3 others like this.

About a year ago I moved, and notified the police of this, I then applied for my E cat endorsement and had the hard copy of the new endorsed license arrive about two months later. It wasn't til after that that a police officer came around to check my security at my "new" address, I asked her why the chap who checked my E cat safe couldn't just tick a box on a different form to say that I lived where I lived and that he'd checked the security anyway. She didn't know, and as it turned out, the police didn't budget to pay the arms officers/helpers/whatever to check peoples security upon a change of address, only when issuing and renewing licenses, so it had to be a police officer to check, and this poor woman (who turned out to be a cop from Middlemarch) had to drive all the way to Dunedin to spend 5 minutes looking at a safe that had been checked a few weeks beforehand. I don't envy the AO's though, the system may be broken but they sure as hell seem over-worked and under-staffed, and they have to put up with all us gun nuts =). I can just imagine the local arms officer's reaction when my buddy put through the paperwork for the MG53 (Yugo MG42) he just got: "You want to import a belt-fed what from Eastern where?!"

Quote Originally Posted by tommygun View Post
    About a year ago I moved, and notified the police of this, I then applied for my E cat endorsement and had the hard copy of the new endorsed license arrive about two months later. It wasn't til after that that a police officer came around to check my security at my "new" address, I asked her why the chap who checked my E cat safe couldn't just tick a box on a different form to say that I lived where I lived and that he'd checked the security anyway. She didn't know, and as it turned out, the police didn't budget to pay the arms officers/helpers/whatever to check peoples security upon a change of address, only when issuing and renewing licenses, so it had to be a police officer to check, and this poor woman (who turned out to be a cop from Middlemarch) had to drive all the way to Dunedin to spend 5 minutes looking at a safe that had been checked a few weeks beforehand. I don't envy the AO's though, the system may be broken but they sure as hell seem over-worked and under-staffed, and they have to put up with all us gun nuts =). I can just imagine the local arms officer's reaction when my buddy put through the paperwork for the MG53 (Yugo MG42) he just got: "You want to import a belt-fed what from Eastern where?!"
    I feel like we need more details and pics on this mg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Name:  DSC_0019.jpg
Views: 575
Size:  966.7 KB Me with the MG, basically a carbon copy of the MG42, reverse engineered by Yugoslavia/Serbia from captured 42's. The belt of dummy rounds is what the owner displays it with when he goes to gun shows, he's really into his cold-war era collectibles
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I recognise that garage, great guy who own it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonsta View Post
    I recognise that garage, great guy who own it.
    For sure, I hope I can have a gun room like his one day too.