Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: This is getting ridiculous....

Update: have talked to firearms in Chch on the phone again this morning, tried explaining that nowhere in the legislation does it say that my security needs to be rechecked before sending any mail order forms, also explained that there is nowhere where it says that the firearm must be sent to my current or "registered" address, things got a little heated and I decided to give up before I end up with them purposely making things difficult for me. So basically now I'm still left waiting untill they decide to send someone to do the check. Bloody hell this is frustrating!
    deer243 likes this.

I dont understand whats going on here Ryan songhurst, Firstly, you can buy a rifle of anyone you want or a HNF shop without a problem. Secondly you can have your rifles stored at your address with no problems either be it if the police have come to check the new address yet or not ,
    Just because you getting a mail order form sent as you buying a rifle out of town what gives the police the right to refuse to sent it because they havent checked the new address yet?? Its B/S. You already got rifles there now havnt you, whats the problem.
    And techically you not even getting it sent there but to a HnF shop. I be ringing them up everyday and get someone to explain what the problem as they breaching your rights. . If they still be arses about it you buying it and your mate is using it , and hes keeping it until my address is checked.....as its not actually being sent to you can they really refuse........(prob as the AOS officer does what he likes ) Otherwise, get a mate to buy it and give it to you as soon as it arrives

I would be playing nicely, and waiting patiently.
    Happy and Blisters like this.

Haha this is a bloody joke, after arguing on the phone with them this morning (not with the actual arms officer but with the people that man the phones) and them telling me they refuse to send through the form to the seller untill the check is done I just checked my email and have received the following, seems like the head doesn't know what the feet are doing...

.. If other people have moved and the police havnt done their job yet and inspected the new address and you want to buy a rifle out of town i suggest you get a mate to sent the mail order form and get it sent to them or a HnF shop. Then go get it as soon as it arrives as will save B/S like this of breahing your rights or the hassles and phone calls

Id be travellin into little old chch and getting an appointment with the police area commander .place this tale of being shagged about and tell him as youre a taxpayer paying his salary could he kindly dispense with riding his desk and deliver a swift arse kick to parties concerned!
    service it aint
    .yes were all short staffed /under resourced in a lot of govt departments but attending to requests promptly is still manageable within reason.

http://www.ipca.govt.nz/site/complaints/default.aspx

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    I would be playing nicely, and waiting patiently.
    And I would be very careful what you post on a public forum, ChCh cops hunt as well, and may not be impressed by your rant.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    And I would be very careful what you post on a public forum, ChCh cops hunt as well, and may not be impressed by your rant.
    Im not really too bothered if someones not impressed with "my rant" its bloody hopeless when it takes so long to have something simple done, and then most probably due to the attention firearms are getting in the media lately etc I get dicked around because even the police are not sure how they should be going about things. My Sister in law is a cop, and my sister is about to be, trust me, what I have written here is the watered down version and they with me that right now there is a bit of confusion among the ranks as to just exactly how things should be done. Still not an excuse for taking so long to have security checks done, there are tons of stories out there, many of them from members of this very forum, of them not being done, or taking an unacceptable amount of time.
    mikee and deer243 like this.

PS: Received my rifle yesterday, very happy, finally
    deer243 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Its not a rant, its the facts, it is ridiuculous how the whole process is. I suspect any cop thats a hunter will totally agree..just that they prob dont have to get fu k around by the system like the rest of us.
    If you havnt been checked yet, you still have firearms at your new address, you can still buy any firearm you like local or travel to get one or get your mate to buy one. But if you want to buy one out of town and you want it sent, even thou you doing it basicly thru the police as they sending the forms and know where its going its the biggest joke around that they refuse.
    Any police officer with half a brain can work that one out and so can the rest of us. We all should be emailing the powers to be and making a conplain and getting it sorted with some common sense

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    PS: Received my rifle yesterday, very happy, finally
    And what a nice rifle it is,right name,right caliber.

Still waiting for security check.advised 10/13.
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    And what a nice rifle it is,right name,right caliber.

Still waiting for security check.advised 10/13.
    Shit I've had 3 in that time .........................but one of my guns is one of those "evil black mind controlling ones". Maybe thats why??
    Pengy likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Shit I've had 3 in that time .........................but one of my guns is one of those "evil black mind controlling ones". Maybe thats why??
    I believe this will play a huge part in this process.