Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Glock vs Moose

That was quite a young moose doing what moose do in moose time against a human doing what a human does in human time - by the clock and always in a hurry
    Could they not have got off their machines and stood off to the side while the moose passed?
    Or was the moose going in their direction in which case it was not far from exiting the trees?
    Terrible waste of a young animal
    Beautiful looking countryside. Was half expecting a bear to come out of the trees and put a cap in his arse

oh well, back to surfing the net in my aircon office eating a ham sammie and pondering about all you lucky bastard planning your roar trips

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Man and even other animals have been been killing animals for millennia Frosty. The only difference that I see today is that man is now far better equipped to do so humanely.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Still pondering about hunting

What would you give to save that moose's life if you had the ability to set it free in Fiordland with it's mate?

ha nah i agree with the dude, i would have shot it aswell. I'm calling foul on the comments directed at me from another poster who mentioned my post. Wasnt even thinking of you my friend, dont be so self centered

For all we know..After the adrenaline subsided he went back and made sure it was dead.

ebf
    Gibo, I think Frosty is getting his panties in a knot because of my comment.

Frosty, dude, are you on crack or do you need help with English comprehension and logic ?

Shall I quote you where you called anyone who thinks it is bad a hypocrite ? I think it is bad, so I must be (in your words) a big fat hypocrite

This is the big boys play room, we all have different views and don't all need to agree to get along. Have a cup of concrete...
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Ejected
    Haha I like how this is a big boys play room, threads like this often show how much it isn't. People can't have differing opinions either way without being singled out and attacked or told they are wrong for having a different view of the same situation.

It's interesting how animals in this kind of scenarios don't move off the track into the bush, have come accross it heaps with fallow and pigs in Woodhill when riding the dirtbike. They just continue to stay on the track untill a BIG opening presents itself. You can even see the moose look into the bush and almost see it think 'fuck thats too deep'.
    Big difference when it comes to moose is they are more fight then flight.

Dude could have finished it, looked like he was more after revenge after getting off light from the first attack. Not sure how keen I would have been to see how long it would take for it to have another go at me though.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Nibblet can you please pick up the toys around our cots? Oh and return all dummies to their owners. Good man.
    Savage1 and ebf like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Ejected
    I'll just wait for their mum's to come and wipe their noses.

It just takes too much effort to be angry all the time

veitnamcam likes this.

I'm surprised he didn't fire a few warning shots first to try and scare it off. The moose wasn't sure of the situation and could have been persuaded to move along. Would have been a freaky situation to be in as moose can get very aggressive.

I definitely would have finished the animal off before taking off though. Chances are the guy wasn't a hunter and had no idea how to deal with a wounded animal, and just freaked out.

Also we have no idea what happened after the video stopped...chances are he went back and did the right thing once he calmed down some.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

ebf.. Im questioning your intelligence level, you write of comprehension and then qoute me...ive called you a hypocrite yes, and if your having trouble comprehending that i suggest you read my 1st post. As for logic.. Why would we slam the man in the video without knowing the fuel story.
    U talk of big boys play room...are you not able to hold or generate discussion or debate? Mabe the straps on your nappies are abit tight.
    As for concrete..nah mate i dnt need to supplement hardness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ebf
    I like my nappies slightly tight, thank you very much

Can you please explain the logic of a "fuel story" ?
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Oh shit sorry my mistake,ull just have to use intelligence and logic to figure that one out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you watch carefully I believe he does fire a warning shot, then targets the animal when it keeps coming. Knowing how viscous the front legs of a deer and horse can be, I wouldn't be keen to give it a second go.

hahaha that guy is a maaaaaaaassive bitch and clearly dropped his ovaries like a little girl. could of easily avoided glocking the moose that was chilling in his own hood by not advancing . wasnt exactly moosifer. this one time, i saw a billy goat on the track when i was out hunting. and i waited one minute . then it left.
    sako75, ebf and Danny like this.