Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fair enough, Jack. Would you lose much money selling them on? Could be worth it in the long run. In the buy and swap section you might even find someone who would do a swap for some 300wsm brass - worth a try.

I like the Bavarian fully wooded or sporting?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I like the Bavarian fully wooded or sporting?
    I don't think they're too shabby either, I wanted full wood but they're an extra $1000 so I passed on that ha

Sako Bavarians are a nice piece of kit, the set trigger is fantastic on them! Good choice for the limited time you had to make a decision. Good luck with the load development! Any idea on what you are going to fun through it??
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Sako Bavarians are a nice piece of kit, the set trigger is fantastic on them! Good choice for the limited time you had to make a decision. Good luck with the load development! Any idea on what you are going to fun through it??
    Yeh mate the more I think about it the happier I am about it really. I've got some 180gn Barnes ttsx's so as long as they shoot I reckon I'll run exclusively them. If they don't work though I'll either try 165gn tsx or ttsx.

What are you running?

You should be happy mate!

In my all rounder .270 I run exclusively 130gr Accubonds (but have played with 130gr Sierra Gamekings with great success also), I use 150gr Sierra Pro Hunters in my .308 semi, and I am currently working up loads for my 7mm RM with 160gr Accubonds and 162gr Amaxes.

Any reason why you are only using Barnes bullets? 165/180gr Accubonds would be leathal in a 300WM and the 168 Amax ain't a bad choice either...sooo many options!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    You should be happy mate!

In my all rounder .270 I run exclusively 130gr Accubonds (but have played with 130gr Sierra Gamekings with great success also), I use 150gr Sierra Pro Hunters in my .308 semi, and I am currently working up loads for my 7mm RM with 160gr Accubonds and 162gr Amaxes.

Any reason why you are only using Barnes bullets? 165/180gr Accubonds would be leathal in a 300WM and the 168 Amax ain't a bad choice either...sooo many options!
    I have a 270 as well I use 130gn Hornady sst's through that and have had nothing but praise for how thats done. Dunno mate just the reputation the barnes have had always interested me but what sold me is that anyone I've met who has tried them has never gone back to anything else. My brother uses them and so I've seen from that they really are as good as the hype!

Never had anything to do with the accubonds although I've got a mate that swears by them too

Sweet man, sounds like your all sorted.

The only thing that scares me away from the Barnes range is the HUGE price tag!

Yeh depends on how you look at it I spose, at the end of the day I only really fire a deer rifle when I'm aiming at a deer other than sighting in so really it's not too expensive. And it's cheaper to reload them than buying cheap factory shit ha

Ejected
    tisk tisk tisk. sako. And yes I have had one, a finnlight no less...... The Sauer smokes it on accuracy