Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Hardy Custom Rifle Review

Doesn't Greg Duley build custom rifles? I saw his Superpig at the Sika show, look pretty awesome.

Well i gave hardy their 3rd deadline 2 weeks ago for today. Outcome: rifle still sitting in Palmerston North, without having being shot/zeroed, nor is the suppressor ready. Lucky for them the barrel is on as i was going to tell them to shove the whole thing up their arse. Seems like the whole thing has been a fuck up. Not happy with it at all. How can a simple barrel and zero take 3 months. I understand production hick ups etc, but when they say the "barrel is in stock, it just needs to be wrapped which will be two weeks, then we need to shoot it which will be another couple, so 4-6 weeks tops" you dont expect to to blow out to 12 weeks.

I have been pretty supportive of Hardy over the years, while many have moved to DPT. No longer.

Quote Originally Posted by mcche171 View Post
    Well i gave hardy their 3rd deadline 2 weeks ago for today. Outcome: rifle still sitting in Palmerston North, without having being shot/zeroed, nor is the suppressor ready. Lucky for them the barrel is on as i was going to tell them to shove the whole thing up their arse. Seems like the whole thing has been a fuck up. Not happy with it at all. How can a simple barrel and zero take 3 months. I understand production hick ups etc, but when they say the "barrel is in stock, it just needs to be wrapped which will be two weeks, then we need to shoot it which will be another couple, so 4-6 weeks tops" you dont expect to to blow out to 12 weeks.

I have been pretty supportive of Hardy over the years, while many have moved to DPT. No longer.
    I have found in the past that the barrel wrapping seems to be where the blow out takes place, although the bigger that they get "Hardy " the longer the weight seems to be.

Totally unacceptable... I won't be going there for anything. Ever.
    sometimes likes this.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Custom gun build time calculator

1.) Take any timeline from a gunsmith or whatever you call most kiwi assemblers.
    2.) Convert that timeframe into dog years.
    3.) Take the numric component of the converted dog years and then re apply the original timebase.
    4.) Tada! real build time

Can also be applied to calculate real build cost
    gimp, jakewire, Barefoot and 9 others like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Custom gun build time calculator

1.) Take any timeline from a gunsmith or whatever you call most kiwi assemblers.
    2.) Convert that timeframe into dog years.
    3.) Take the numric component of the converted dog years and then re apply the original timebase.
    4.) Tada! real build time

Can also be applied to calculate real build cost
    There is another step you missed
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

MSL
    I had a rebarrel and load development done in 5 weeks, I thought that was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by mcche171 View Post

-Tongue in cheek- I just sent my 300 project to Trueflite for a new barrel, T2 Brake fitting etc so I wonder if yours will be finished before I get mine by the last week of June?.

That's bloody terrible! I haven't heard anything positive and I'd be laying a formal complaint. Sh!t that just sucks! Hope it gets resolved quickly!

I work in the motor trade (Toyota) and i know we put an order through for a Land Cruiser 200 at the same time as I ordered this. In the same period the order has been processed, vehicle made, shipped from Japan and is now with the customer.

If we fucked a customer around as much as they have we would be throwing money, vouchers, accessories etc at them.

If you were promised a certain time frame and it takes 3 times as much, I can understand your anger.
    But looking from an American perspective , some rifles built in the USA can take more than a year, and that is with an easy availability of components ...!

Look at this:
    Custom Built Firearms

Used to be 2 years of waiting time!

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Look at this:
    Custom Built Firearms

Used to be 2 years of waiting time!

In the USA, actions, barrels & stocks can take 4-6 + months if not off the shelf.

Kirby is a one man band with a massive following, there are a few more people in the States than here & possibly a much higher percentage with firearms.

If you are promised a time frame, it gets frustrating when its exceeded, sometimes it happens, just the nature of manufacturing & relying on others.

When its not an isolated incident & they really don't care it gets exceeding frustrating.

When they won't stand behind their products it gets well beyond frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    In the USA, actions, barrels & stocks can take 4-6 + months if not off the shelf.

Kirby is a one man band with a massive following, there are a few more people in the States than here & possibly a much higher percentage with firearms.

If you are promised a time frame, it gets frustrating when its exceeded, sometimes it happens, just the nature of manufacturing & relying on others.

When its not an isolated incident & they really don't care it gets exceeding frustrating.

The last two points probably sum up my hardy experience,Maybe nz is not his target market and he just plain don't care.
    Matt2308 likes this.

HB.
    I've been waiting about a month just for a reply to an email I sent Greg Duley about a build. Understand their busy people but a bit concerning when the waits that long for an email let alone a build.

I think Hardys are now more interested in the larger volume, large profit generating overseas market rather than the NZ one.