Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Hardy Hybrid Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    Do you just re zero the turrets to a known zero for each barrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes thats correct. Have your main barrel set and then when you change barrels its a set number of clicks up/down left/right to set zero for 2nd barrel.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Niceandfar View Post
    Yes thats correct. Have your main barrel set and then when you change barrels its a set number of clicks up/down left/right to set zero for 2nd barrel.

You can have zero offsets set in your app that will give you the correct elevations for each barrel.
    A bit fiddly but easy enough once ya get used to it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    rogers.270 and Gkp like this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    You can have zero offsets set in your app that will give you the correct elevations for each barrel.
    A bit fiddly but easy enough once ya get used to it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Thats the right way to do it - dont even touch your scope
    Addicted to gun powder

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rogers.270 View Post
    Thats the right way to do it - dont even touch your scope
    Recipe for fuck up ^^^^^ this.

One scope. One barrel. No regerts.
    How do you get on when your doing a real hunt?
    Do you have to remember holds when an animal turns up unannounced and your ballistic app is 20 seconds away from giving a solution?
    I’ve done exactly the opposite because of this. I’ve been left for dead having to fuck around looking for charts and ranges where a more versatile hunter will be better prepared for what really happens in the field.
    I’d hope like fuck POI between barrels wasn’t anything significant. That would drive me up the wall. Good thing for some kiwi ingenuity but I’m not confident that’s a solid option for anything more than a few Facebook likes for having a cool looking gun.
    striker, Echo, GWH and 1 others like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Applies Lead Liberally rogers.270's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Recipe for fuck up ^^^^^ this.

One scope. One barrel. No regerts.
    How do you get on when your doing a real hunt?
    Do you have to remember holds when an animal turns up unannounced and your ballistic app is 20 seconds away from giving a solution?
    I’ve done exactly the opposite because of this. I’ve been left for dead having to fuck around looking for charts and ranges where a more versatile hunter will be better prepared for what really happens in the field.
    I’d hope like fuck POI between barrels wasn’t anything significant. That would drive me up the wall. Good thing for some kiwi ingenuity but I’m not confident that’s a solid option for anything more than a few Facebook likes for having a cool looking gun.
    Really James? If its too close to pull the binos on it, the error is generally too narrow. Obviously context comes to play if its completely out of whack.
    Last edited by rogers.270; 20-06-2020 at 08:51 PM.
    Addicted to gun powder

Quote Originally Posted by Niceandfar View Post
    Thanks all for the feedback. Really appreciate it.
    Cost depends on options etc but looking at $7k to start and goes up from there. That will get you carbon barrel and stock with a suppressor. Additional barrels about $2.5k but just use the one scope. Recon thats not bad buying.

Wow for that type of pricing I have a single stock and scope and multiple barrels with actions.

To swap I undo 2 action screws and two scope mount screws.
    Swap out one barrel and action and swap in another. Scope swaps from one rail to another.
    Known zero adjustment.

For the cost of another (second hand) scope and rings I can do a quick straight swap.
    May not look as classy but works for me.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rogers.270 View Post
    Really James? If its too close to pull the binos on it, the error is generally too narrow. Obviously context comes to play if its completely out of whack.
    Yeah. Not meant to be a dig but Im currently doing exactly this with my Blaser, running my 7mm Rem Mag scope on my 284 because that scope is away for service. It's easy to swap the scope over but the windage and elevation have significant correction between the two I have this written down and will make the correction back when the 284 scope is repaired. I would expect that should I continue like this there is bound to be the day I forget which is what, and that will be that day the best animal of the trip is in the crosshairs. Theres just too much opportunity for a fuck up and I cannot wait to get my other scope back.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

The Hardy rifle looks like Blaser and Tikka had a mongrel baby together.

No thanks.

Oh for fucks sake! Talk about bashing the kiwi bloke. What is it with you guys. Too much time on your hands, nothing better to do, or just loosers. If its not your thing just shut-up and leave off. If you appreciate clever engineering well they are a nice bit of kit. I shot beside one yesterday. Will I own one? no but thats not because they are crap or stupid or expensive or mongrels. The op wanted infomation from people who have used one or know what they are talking about not dip shit opinions from people who wouldn't know what one looked like. How would you like it if these comments were made about a product you made that supported families who you employed.

I reckon they look like a good bit of kit. Iv got several hardy products including suppressors and barrels and they are very good.Good to deal with aswell from my experience. I reckon their hybrid rifle is a good innovative design.
    Maybe somewhat relevant, my Trg m10 has about a 3.5cm down and left point of impact shift at 100m when swapping from a .308 barrel to a .338lm barrel.

Neat rifle - I like the concept. Like a very high end evolution of the Thompson Center Dimension rifle. Would be neat to see it in person to understand how they've approached it from a mechanical point of view.
    Sasquatch likes this.

The concept of using the same scope across different calibers is quite appealing. Not all of us can afford to drop 3-5k on multiple scopes across Blaser barrel swaps. And the Blaser mounts are farken expensive too.

Blaser owners are a prestigious (pretentious) type... ;-)
    SlimySquirrel likes this.

Banned
    is practical the word you looking for?
    kiwijames and SlimySquirrel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by widerange View Post
    is practical the word you looking for?
    Yeah nah lol

Naracoorte South Australia/From South Canterbury
    The hardy setup is closer to that of a Titan 6 except the Hardy has the set screws for the barrel accessable through the stock.