Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Has anybody else had accuracy problems with Sako 85 ?

Thanks for your help Chris, I picked up the replacement Thursday. Looking forward to the weather clearing so I can shoot it. Don't know if it's helpful, but I have noticed from the Sakos I have handled that the one that went back to you has a snugger fitting bolt...in fact one of my cheap trial factory bullets wouldn't chamber. I will update again once replacement is shot, btw GC have tested and they found it to be good ���� The biggest frustration I have had is that the process has seen me without a hunting rifle for six weeks after paying good money expecting a shooter out of the box. I understand that from time to time these things happen and I do appreciate that all the boxes have to be ticked in verification of a fault. Will the rifle go back to the factory for diagnosis ? I would be really interested in knowing what the fault is.
    tetawa and ChrisW like this.

So.....yesterday I took the replacement Sako up to play in the snow at Lake Lyndon. I am happy to report that this one shoots really well with the ammo it prefers. My old favorite Hornady Superformance SST's 150 gr did the trick, as did Fiocchi BTHP Matchkings 168 gr., which were the very best on the day ... shooting 3 into 1 hole and 2 into another. The Hornady Whitetails came in 3rd. There is nothing at all wrong with the scope and this is something I am pleased to confirm. Given more time for proper barrel cooling I am confident that even the good groups can be tightened up, and given that this is a hunting rifle, this is impressive.
    Thanks to all involved for the support in getting this sorted.
    jakewire, Tahr, veitnamcam and 6 others like this.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Well done Paul.
    As the Original Poster to come back and give feedback on the resolution is an important part of this thread.
    shift14, Steve123 and ChrisW like this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul58 View Post
    Thanks for your help Chris, I picked up the replacement Thursday. Looking forward to the weather clearing so I can shoot it. Don't know if it's helpful, but I have noticed from the Sakos I have handled that the one that went back to you has a snugger fitting bolt...in fact one of my cheap trial factory bullets wouldn't chamber. I will update again once replacement is shot, btw GC have tested and they found it to be good ���� The biggest frustration I have had is that the process has seen me without a hunting rifle for six weeks after paying good money expecting a shooter out of the box. I understand that from time to time these things happen and I do appreciate that all the boxes have to be ticked in verification of a fault. Will the rifle go back to the factory for diagnosis ? I would be really interested in knowing what the fault is.
    Good to hear that the replacement meets expectations
    The problem rifle will go back to the factory however I doubt we will hear anything back on it.