Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Has anyone imported bayonets?

Quote Originally Posted by Koshogi View Post
    Did they give any reason for this?...............
    No, in both instances. We all know they are not the approving authority, but I have found it is always wiser not to antagonise the local jumped up bureaucrat if you are going to have to come into contact with them again.

An exception, where I made was where I was not going to have any contact again, was with the Local DOC office who wanted me to pay a non refundable $300 fee just to seek their authority to shoot Harriers, which they indicated they would probably not approve. It ended with their then current Minister writing and apologising.. heheh

I do not believe questioning an individual about his decision is antagonistic at all. Especially when his decision is causing ones lawful property to be forfeited for no justifiable reason.

If a person fully complies with the regulatory framework, and is then stopped from his lawful business due to an individual making a prejudiced or incorrect action/decision, that act/decision should be questioned and corrected in accordance with the law. By not challenging it, you're allowing this action/decision to be repeated on others, and affirming that this individual has an authority which he does not legally hold. YMMV
    veitnamcam and Scouser like this.

Update 1.

I rung the arms officer today. And asked if they knew why my request for a permit had been refused. They were as confused as me about it, having never had such an item refused. Then they informed me that my mate Joe Green is no longer working for us. And that a women has taken the reins! And not in there words but pretty close We are fucked! I think I would have to agree. Sent here a letter today pleading to approve it. Will update when I get a reply. Probably won't even get one.

I asked my AO and he said fine if you have a good reason. "It looks pretty" might raise a few eyebrows. "I want to use it in a competition because the rules say so and cant source one in NZ" Is far more probable.

regards
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    I asked my AO and he said fine if you have a good reason. "It looks pretty" might raise a few eyebrows. "I want to use it in a competition because the rules say so and cant source one in NZ" Is far more probable.
    Does service rifle now include a bayonet charge event ?!?
    savageshooter likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

res
    They have and will be done, but the main point of making folks fit one half way thru a match is normally the point of impact changes,same as shooting from various stances
    Using Tapatalk

When I asked for my bayonet .....The arms officers (as far as I was advised) sent the request to Police national head quarters in Wellington, who approve/deny the request. As long as you supply them a good enough reason, Mine was I purchsaed an L1A1 at auction and also want a new bayonet for it(as NZ ones were pretty crap and over priced), had purchased the L1A1 tools also.......permit showed up no problem

As i read more above, Joes gone. The grapevine said they were bringing in someone tougher as Joe was considered by some to be too soft....what better way to be anti gun is bring in a woman who no doubt cant tell a barrel from a buttstock or buckshot from bullshit!
    Scouser likes this.

Update 2

Response from the queen of permits herself.

Thank you for your correspondence,

The relevant application to import an offensive weapon (bayonet) has been refused and a reconsideration based on the additional information you have provided does not affect that decision.

NZ Police is under no legal obligation to permit entry into New Zealand of any offensive weapon and on this occasion we exercise our discretion to refuse such entry.

Seems quite one sided to me. What do you guys recommend I do? M1 Garand bayonets in NZ when you can find them are dam expensive!!

It is complete horseshit, some should point NSA or similar at them and get them to go to town on it. I'd even go as far as to say that looks like a canned response.

Another thought, has anyone considered a C-Cat license-based application? Might gain a bit more traction if it's for a collection? Probably not I guess.

Disappointing.

There is no right of appeal in the statute and no common law right of appeal.

Your options as I see it:
    -Grin and bear it.
    -Apply again at a later date.
    -Apply for a Judicial Review

You can not apply under C Category. It is a completely different legislative act.

bas
    The upside is that it appears that she as resigned from the role.

When was this? My import permit was signed on the 24th of last month by her.

Last couple of days

Heat, kitchen etc?

I'll do the job. Sign me up NZ police