Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Hillver Bridge Mounts and Rings

Have a set of theses but have no real experience with them. Internet search has produced very little in the way of useful information. Also took a punt and purchased a set of Leupold rings at the gun show on Sunday that are the same design but as it turns out, the front ring is doesn’t quite fit. They are a higher mount which I thought may be useful and with a light bit of filing may fit but not keen to do for a number of reasons.
    I do remember the Hillver brand as it was a name bandied about in quite a bit in my youthful days of pouring over Sporting Shooter mags and alike but that’s about the extent of my knowledge.

Any feedback would be appreciated, especially on setup etc.

Cheers, Sidetrack
    “Age is a very high price to pay for maturity”

Hillver were quality steel mounts made in Aussie. They use the same system as Leupold but, as you have discovered, not fully interchangeable. Properly fitted, they are as good as any other quality mounting system.

Nothing wrong with steel Hilvers