Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: How to get rid of an old stock?

I’d love that but all they’ll do is put a price tag on the paperwork.
    Russian 22. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    You are wrong Tim, Gunworks requires a police mail order form for stocks, they aren’t going to do that unless the law says so.

https://gunworks.co.nz/shop/category/stocks

You also need to read the wording at the start of that section “any component that is exclusively designed to be, or is intended to be, an integral part of the firearm or restricted weapon”. It doesn’t state the part has to assist with feeding the rifle. Also look at the other parts listed below
    includes the following components or accessories that can be fitted to, or adapted to fit, a firearm or restricted weapon:
    (i)
    grips:
    (ii)
    frames:
    (iii)
    chassis systems:
    (iv)
    magazine adapters:
    (v)
    magazine couplers:
    (vi)
    magazine loaders:
    (vii)
    flash suppressors:
    (viii)
    silencers:
    (ix)

Most of those don’t help with feeding.
    Fair call.
    YosemiteSam likes this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    I’d love that but all they’ll do is put a price tag on the paperwork.
    if the cop youre dealing with has one iota of commonsense hell scrawl a signature on the form and wish you good day!!!!! have a cousin whose daughter has spent 30yrs in nz police .talking to here recently her reaction to this latest regime of costings "what a monty clusterfuck" butter wouldnt melt in her mouth!!!
    timattalon likes this.

That just about fits in the “who gives a Fcuk” box ?
    This is going to be one bound up system, needing daily laxatives.
    But if it’s hand to hand, you only need to sight a licence?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

When does a piece of wood become a stock?

I've got an uninlet stock that I bought a few years ago.
    At the moment it can't be used as a rifle stock.
    But, after some woodwork it could be used.

So at the moment it isn't a stock but could become one.

How would I sell it? To anyone or only to a someone with a FAL?
    timattalon likes this.

As far as reporting the destruction of a firearm part goes, it applies to parts that must be recorded on the register. Can anyone give me a straight answer as to what parts exactly need to be recorded on the register?

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    When does a piece of wood become a stock?

I've got an uninlet stock that I bought a few years ago.
    At the moment it can't be used as a rifle stock.
    But, after some woodwork it could be used.

So at the moment it isn't a stock but could become one.

How would I sell it? To anyone or only to a someone with a FAL?
    If it isn't a stock, why did you call it an uninlet stock?

I would say it fairly easily fits the description of "any component that is exclusively designed to be, or is intended to be, an integral part of the firearm "

Christ almighty…. If it’s not wanted, and you don’t want to sell it, if it’s plastic cut it in three pieces and bin it. If it’s wood, split it up for kindling. Job done, jog on.

Fuck me….

@Bol Tackshin this is the link to the legislation https://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/....html#DLM72627

Under section 2 Interpretation it says the registry as described in section 93, however the legislation does not have a section 93, it jumps from section 92 to section 96.

Other press releases have mentioned recording, firearms, ammunition and parts. It also mentions in places that firearms and parts need to be suitably marked, but doesn’t outline what is appropriate for marking. We all know that stocks, magazines and the like don’t come with serial numbers. Who will put them on, and how will the markings be unique?
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

......Other press releases have mentioned recording, firearms, ammunition and parts. It also mentions in places that firearms and parts need to be suitably marked, but doesn’t outline what is appropriate for marking. We all know that stocks, magazines and the like don’t come with serial numbers. Who will put them on, and how will the markings be unique?
    ID numbers would be FTP-0001, FTP-0002 etc.
    FTP being Firearm Trace Protocol naturally.
    timattalon likes this.
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

Gone but not forgotten
    Currently, for non-prohibited firearms only the action would need to be marked. But the Governor-general can change that to whatever, whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    Christ almighty…. If it’s not wanted, and you don’t want to sell it, if it’s plastic cut it in three pieces and bin it. If it’s wood, split it up for kindling. Job done, jog on.

Fuck me….
    Bit of common sense, right there @shift14
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

@Bol Tackshin this is the link to the legislation https://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/....html#DLM72627

Under section 2 Interpretation it says the registry as described in section 93, however the legislation does not have a section 93, it jumps from section 92 to section 96.

Other press releases have mentioned recording, firearms, ammunition and parts. It also mentions in places that firearms and parts need to be suitably marked, but doesn’t outline what is appropriate for marking. We all know that stocks, magazines and the like don’t come with serial numbers. Who will put them on, and how will the markings be unique?
    So I’ll be engraving every round of ammo with a serial number and telling them when I’ve destructed it, just for fun
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

what a munters dream this piece of legislation is .obviously written by some beige Bertram whose mother still packs his lunch every day ,and checks to see he cleans his toenails in the bath .its blatantly obvious hes swallowed the crap spurted by costers cuddly cuzzies and those fat wee heinous academics of guncontrol Nz,but wouldnt know a real gun if it kicked him in the nuts!
    timattalon and Micky Duck like this.

@stug - I looked at the Act and did notice the missing sections. The most transparent government never!
    stug, timattalon and Micky Duck like this.