Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: How to get your rifle to shoot less than MOA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Why dont you guys use a cross so you have a precise point to aim at?
    I like to quarter the dot with the crosshairs. Only when quarters are even and steady gently squeeze that trigger.
    Toby likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    But that's boring to hit the target
    Attachment 14599
    what dose hitting the bull prove when you just want to see how it groups first.you can zero for the taget later if you like!!!.
    your angry bro
    What sort of shoty was that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
    Callum likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Maybe its your old eyes and a bit of the shakes setting in.....

i haven't actually seen anyone on this forum post about 1/4" groups to be honest, and the facts are that 1/2" groups are quite achievable with a sporter stock standard rifle...

Saying you need to shoot 5 x 5 shoot groups to prove this is nothing more than ridiculous, to do it properly it would take like half a day if you wanted to keep things cool, not to mention $40 odd dollars.

Sounds like sour grapes from an old fart that should have bought a tikka t3 instead of wasting money on a .270, should of at least forked out the extra $100 and got an ultra match trueflite.
    Read the post properly before you go getting excited, I never mentioned 5x5 that's just a bit you added because you wanted to sound important or you read too many posts at once and with your young eyes and young knowlegable mind you put put them all together and answered 3 or 4 posts incorrectly in one go. A personal attack regarding ones age is hardly conducive to proving your point even a little bit.
    Distant Stalker...you are another one that should read the post properly before going off the deep end which of course makes me a fuckwit. Perrazzi and Distant Stalker on reflection it would seem that you 2 have anger management problems which I believe I could help you with by organising counselling for you both, and it is no shame for you to admit you are also frightened of the dark, a good counseller should be able to assist with this problem at the same time, we won't go into bed wetting at this time as the counceller will be extra busy with the 2 of you,but should be able to help with it towards the end of the year if that's ok with you. Please note at no time have I lowered myself to personal attacks on either of you, I have not even hinted at cocksuckers or dickwhackers because that is not my way, I am only here to offer my help. Perrazzi I do have a couple of Tikka's one of which is .270 but then because you have no class,the .270 is not a calibre one should purchase because it disagrees with your biased opinion,so with my lack of knowledge and sour grapes I feel I should dispense with the offending rifle,but please do advise what I should get as a replacement, your help and knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

Happy....fuck yeah

I'll take it if you want to get rid of it. Though it is a .270 so some cash my way too joking!
    VIVA LA HOWA

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveh054 View Post
    Read the post properly before you go getting excited, I never mentioned 5x5 that's just a bit you added because you wanted to sound important or you read too many posts at once and with your young eyes and young knowlegable mind you put put them all together and answered 3 or 4 posts incorrectly in one go. A personal attack regarding ones age is hardly conducive to proving your point even a little bit.
    Distant Stalker...you are another one that should read the post properly before going off the deep end which of course makes me a fuckwit. Perrazzi and Distant Stalker on reflection it would seem that you 2 have anger management problems which I believe I could help you with by organising counselling for you both, and it is no shame for you to admit you are also frightened of the dark, a good counseller should be able to assist with this problem at the same time, we won't go into bed wetting at this time as the counceller will be extra busy with the 2 of you,but should be able to help with it towards the end of the year if that's ok with you. Please note at no time have I lowered myself to personal attacks on either of you, I have not even hinted at cocksuckers or dickwhackers because that is not my way, I am only here to offer my help. Perrazzi I do have a couple of Tikka's one of which is .270 but then because you have no class,the .270 is not a calibre one should purchase because it disagrees with your biased opinion,so with my lack of knowledge and sour grapes I feel I should dispense with the offending rifle,but please do advise what I should get as a replacement, your help and knowledge will be greatly appreciated.

Happy....fuck yeah
    you flow well

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    What sort of shoty was that?

that's a 5 shot group of the day bag bro!!! but that makes me a wanker I guess...., oh well back to the drawing board
    BRADS likes this.

Pretty sure this is what the OP and wanted.... Guys getting serious about proving points that have no point and getting into arguments that are Only relevant if we make them such.

What matters here is that you are happy with your rifle. No one has to prove to anyone else that they can shoot unless you are actually in a competition and the results will speak for themselves.

Whether the OP is serious or not only he will know but its been entertaining none the less.
    199p and gadgetman like this.

As above.. Today I had very little to do so I took my recently bedded .270 BSA Majestic with Truflite Premium Barrel fitted by Gunworks to a trued action, never took my camera but the results were astounding!!! First I fired a 3 shot group which measured 1" and I thought "fuck that's piss poor" but after seeing on one these threads on the forum recently of a 1/4" sporting rifle, I thought I would have a go at matching that, so I fired 3 one shot groups and fuckme they were all under 1/4" and that is how you shoot 1/4" with a sporting rifle. So all you Guys that are getting 1/4" and less 3 shot groups consistently with your sporter barrel and 3-9 x 40 Nikko scope I say..........."FUCKING BULLSHIT" you are. That is benchrest accuracy!! and the majority of shooters cannot even get close to that kind of accuracy shooting off the bonnet of the truck or a rolled up shirt on the ground, so get real ya bullshittin' pricks.
    I now await the flack from the bullshit brigade
    Today I am bored
    Anger management, really? lol (means laugh out loud if you havent adjusted to young people talk)

Myself, being one that has probably mentioned that i own a rifle capable of producing .5moa groups (a tikka t3 laminate 300wsm) takes a bit of personal offense when you call "us" (people with apparently impossible accuracy) "bullshittin' pricks"

Also, how can one prove their point if the haters (young person term) don't believe what they post is possible?

that's a 5 shot group of the day bag bro!!! but that makes me a wanker I guess...., oh well back to the drawing board
    Me two bro
    You should of seen me group last night on a hare at almost point blank.......fukr is still running

Banned
    Name:  popcorn.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  58.4 KB
    BRADS and Happy like this.

Anger management, really? lol (means laugh out loud if you havent adjusted to young people talk)

Myself, being one that has probably mentioned that i own a rifle capable of producing .5moa groups (a tikka t3 laminate 300wsm) takes a bit of personal offense when you call "us" (people with apparently impossible accuracy) "bullshittin' pricks"

Also, how can one prove their point if the haters (young person term) don't believe what they post is possible?
    Original post = 1/4" or less, pay attention Dude you may learn to read the old way.

Bugger you now I'm hungry

Original post = 1/4" or less, pay attention Dude you may learn to read the old way.
    well i took your 1/4" post as a bit of an exaggeration....

Please point out a single post on this forum claiming 1/4" accuracy from a sporting barrel? hell since your getting technical also show me that they were using a 3-9x40.

If you can't prove these details, why even start the topic (obviously for an argument, i quite enjoy arguing)

If you cannot, maybe i could arrange a counsellor for you to address the issue of seeing things that are actually not there

well i took your 1/4" post as a bit of an exaggeration....

Please point out a single post on this forum claiming 1/4" accuracy from a sporting barrel? hell since your getting technical also show me that they were using a 3-9x40.

If you can't prove these details, why even start the topic (obviously for an argument, i quite enjoy arguing)

If you cannot, maybe i could arrange a counsellor for you to address the issue of seeing things that are actually not there
    You have just proved my point...Sonny

Happy....fuck yeah

Yeah mate bring a counsellor and we can hold hands and sing songs while we shoot .1" groups. If that gets boring we can go back to mud slinging. Its much more fun and small groups are the opposite of what is desired....
    Ps swap that barrel to 7mm08 and it will shoot .1 (nzhs tikka guarantee) i used to wet the bed and be scared of the dark until i got a 7mm08 and now light shines from my ass so bright and i have such self professed confidence andnverbal incontinence all my problems have gone away.
    Edit to add. I actually think with the right shooter taking their time with that 223 consistent groups aroubd .25" arent out of the question.