Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: How long should a hardy suppressor last?

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    They are only a hunting suppressor, personaly I wouldn't run a hardy hand grenade on anything with more than 50-60g of powder, everyone knows about my early gen one that blew to bits on my WSM ( you get enormous pressure pikes from WSM's) and the replacement bulged after a few dozen rounds.

The gen 3 on my 6-204 is mint, but then its a 308 can on a rifle thats only running 28g's lol
    ARdave likes this.

I've got two HRE cans - a GEN 2 and a GEN 4 (both non magnum). Both cans have fired in excess of 1500+ rounds but then again they are only mounted on a 7/08 and .270 and neither are running overly hot loads.

Yep, I can see why Robbie recommended I not use on of their duralium suppressors on my .260 Rem. That suppressor is coming up on 4000 rounds through it now (mostly hot .260Rem loads). Maybe i should be sending it back to Robbie for a clean...
    nah, it still shoots good - don't fix it if it ain't broke!
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

Hardy builds 20inch 300wsm customs fitted with his suppressors so your rem mag should have been fine unless you've shot it hot, that's when the problems start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

That sucks, use it for a paperweight and Get a gunworks, got one on my rem mag same ish length as your barrel, EXCELLENT customer service
    timattalon likes this.
    Went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

Funny how it's only ever Hardys that I hear F!$&@&g out....................
    ARdave and stretch like this.

All types will let go eventually ...

If your sealed can has fired more than a few hundred rounds take it off and give it a few sharp taps against a bit of wood....

Then rattle it and listen to all the hard little carbon rocks you've just dislodged fly about inside.

And no.

... I have no idea how your going to get them out
    HUNTY likes this.

Hardy said it was fine cant see anything that would cause accuracy loss. Said it only looked like it had fired 100 rounds through it...... Said it was probably a bedding issue....LOL. A bedding issue that sorts itself out when you take the suppressor off!!!! Will see how we go.....

I would say you will going elsewhere shortly

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

How long should a hardy suppressor last?

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Hardy said it was fine cant see anything that would cause accuracy loss. Said it only looked like it had fired 100 rounds through it...... Said it was probably a bedding issue....LOL. A bedding issue that sorts itself out when you take the suppressor off!!!! Will see how we go.....

A thin barrel with a suppressor on it can cause barrel whip issues witch will show up more if the rifle isn't bedded right

But most likely not to the issue if it was ok
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Quote Originally Posted by puku View Post
    I would say you will going elsewhere shortly

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    I've had a good run with hardys. I'll give him the opportunity to sort it and if so I would still buy another. Anyone's products can have faults it's all about how company's deal with them that really matters
    Blaser and Dreamer like this.

Had a reasonable run in past but just had a very old model explode. Quite scary. Is old but only prob had about 100-120 rounds 300 win mag full length. Makes you think

I have heard similar things after I had an issue with mine. It is never his suppressor at fault. (and mine was leaving soot on the barrel after firing. No way that is anything except the suppressor) Whats more I was not asking him to fix it. All I wanted to know was what I could do to stop it. I now use Gunworks exclusively. Service and back up of their product means a lot. Someone who believes it is never his product can never fix faults as he wont believe it is faulty....
    Sasquatch likes this.

I've had a good run with hardys. I'll give him the opportunity to sort it and if so I would still buy another. Anyone's products can have faults it's all about how company's deal with them that really matters
    I tried this and the response was not what one should expect from a business. As for the second statement ("Anyone's products can have faults it's all about how company's deal with them that really matters.) You hit the nail right on the head. Every business has the opportunity for mistakes. And in all likelihood every business will make a few. It is how a business deals with a mistake that defines whether they are a good, bad, indifferent or great business. A great one is not one that never makes a mistake. A great one is one you can trust will see you right if you ever experience a mistake.
    kiwijames, Friwi and Sasquatch like this.

Suppressor replaced so all good in the end. Cheers Dan