Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How old might these be??

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    theres also a box code that dates them - stamped on the end flap.
    63.12, guessing that's December 1963

1960-70s
    Yep, about 70 cents a packet.

Could buy packet of them, two gallons of petrol and half a doz Waitemata all for $5 back then...

Bos
    Definitely available up til the late seventies / early eighties from what I remember

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Yep, about 70 cents a packet.

Could buy packet of them, two gallons of petrol and half a doz Waitemata all for $5 back then...
    Waitemata?

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    $2.50 a packet in the late 70s, I think the sub sonic packet was red
    $2.5 in 1970 is $40 in 2019. Is that for 50 or 500?

Good hunting 22LR is only $8~10-ish for 50 rounds. Standard target ammo is about the $6.5~8 for 50 rounds.

You must be young if you havent heard of Waitemata draught beer, One step above Waikato , even back then
    Well remember drinking gallons of their Pale Ale when I lived in South Taranaki.

I used to use those ones in the blue box and the ones in the green. The green box ones had silver cases from memory and 500 rds was $9.90. We would take our 303's and 308's goat shooting ($ 5 a box of CAC) and a brick each of 22 ammo. The plan was shoot the hi powers on the Saturday and Sunday was 22 day. We shot a lot of goats back in the early 70's with this ammo. Yep gas was .50 cents a gallon, bring back the old days when things were simple and relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimitsu View Post

Good hunting 22LR is only $8~10-ish for 50 rounds. Standard target ammo is about the $6.5~8 for 50 rounds.
    Per 50

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimitsu View Post

Ammo took a massive drop in price when GST first came about...I only remember as I needed some .22 ammo and the two prices were on display, the current price and what it would be under GST...it was well worth waiting a few days.

You must be young if you havent heard of Waitemata draught beer, One step above Waikato , even back then
    Must be good if its above waikato. I will take that as a compliment.

Leopard strong ale anyone remember that although what it has to do with CAC .22 quite frankly escapes me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Leopard strong ale anyone remember that although what it has to do with CAC .22 quite frankly escapes me.

Amazing how these threads drift off topic!

Now when I started driving petrol was 36c a gallon (8c a liter for the young ones) and I almost died when it went to 50c a gallon.

I can remember buying 30-06 armour-piercing for 75c a box of twenty, don’t ask how that was used up but it was FUN!

Just found a couple of random boxes of 22 ammo, one a Cobra brand, put out by Kilwell, anybody remember that brand?

The other box a fair bit older: a full packet of ICI High Velocity Long Rifle Non-Rusting, wording on the packet states ‘recommended for small game shooting at ranges from 75 to 200 yards’ - pretty optimistic eh!

Just found a couple of random boxes of 22 ammo, one a Cobra brand, put out by Kilwell, anybody remember that brand?

The other box a fair bit older: a full packet of ICI High Velocity Long Rifle Non-Rusting, wording on the packet states ‘recommended for small game shooting at ranges from 75 to 200 yards’ - pretty optimistic eh!
    Post up some pictures please.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Yes I used a lot of the Cobra back in the Pest Board days. The bullet is the same as the old Winchester in the yellow boxes. Good ammo I still have a "fair" bit of it around. Bushman was another brand we used a bit. From memory they both shot a 37 gr Copperclad bullet at about 1240 fps. Good for all round pest control use.