Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Howa actions

Abe had it up to 3150 with slight pressure signs have backed it off to 2955 but im sure I could run mid 3000s no issue

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
    Abe had it up to 3150 with slight pressure signs have backed it off to 2955 but im sure I could run mid 3000s no issue

Good to see a bit of kiwi ingenuity capable of going toe to toe with those ridiculously cautious Americans and their anemic F-Class accuracy loads

Im not getting caught up on speed . Accuracy is key for me and I still get 1000ft lbs at nearly a km

Yep that's fast

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Im not getting caught up on speed . Accuracy is key for me and I still get 1000ft lbs at nearly a km

Good. I seam have put on my shit stirrer pants this morning but I can't get my head around why kiwis think they are immune to physics. X pill going at Y speed is still going to recoil the same regardless of what name you have stamped on the base of the case.
    If you want a Magnum, buy a Magnum. At least you can load that down safely not the other way.
    Savage1, R93 and 338 like this.

I wonder what you could get out of a 7mm rem mag if you loaded it the same way as the .284 loaded to 3100+ with 162

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Good. I seam have put on my shit stirrer pants this morning but I can't get my head around why kiwis think they are immune to physics. X pill going at Y speed is still going to recoil the same regardless of what name you have stamped on the base of the case.
    If you want a Magnum, buy a Magnum. At least you can load that down safely not the other way.
    Sort of . Im using 54 grains of powder at the moment and expected barrel life should be 1000+ rounds on the magnum. But I get your point. Also ill never have an issue with seating any pill wherever I want to and recoil means naught with a supressor.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I wonder what you could get out of a 7mm rem mag if you loaded it the same way as the .284 loaded to 3100+ with 162
    A lot of speed and a dodgy ish load one would think

Meh but it would be interesting to see what an improved shoulder would do to the rem mag.

Im still a very happy boy with my 280.

I still havent tested its legs yet so realistically is could still be a 708 and it would have dropped the red spiker all the same at 200m
    its a tikka, and an easy conversion to either 284 or 280

the real test will be weather the standard tikka barrel will stabilise the 162amax pills sitting on my reloading bench.

Iv got the rem mag too, but i wanted a shorter lighter less recoiling rifle capable of placing a animal on the ground out to 600m

Well my plans are on hold yet again that fucking Isuzu bighorn of mine wants me to spend more money on it...jesus I am getting ready to push it off a friggin cliff if any more problems come up with it after this round.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Video it if you do
    VIVA LA HOWA

Ok I have made a decision I am going to get a howa and it is going to be in 7mm08 and I will be having to get it from forlongs on my Store card as soon as I can get some full time work (fucked if I know when that will happen) so they will let me use the card and at the moment is the ONLY way I can get a rifle of my own so I can get out and scratch the trigger finger which is really itchy at present. Now the howa is going to be $1099 which is more than other places so am tossing up between an RCBS reloading kit, dies and powder to go with it or also buy a B&C carbelite stock to go on the howa which Forlongs also stock at $445 just going to stick with the 7mm08 till I can buy a long action rifle in 280rem and will replace the nikko sterling scope later on.
    PerazziSC3 likes this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

i no you said you want 7-08 but this is quite a good buy mate
    Howa .308 lite | Trade Me
    Should be able to get it for $600 if you twist his arm.

That's a good buy.

But i think he is stuck with ticking it up to get anything now?

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.