Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Howa actions

oh right my bad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Ok I have made a decision I am going to get a howa and it is going to be in 7mm08 and I will be having to get it from forlongs on my Store card as soon as I can get some full time work (fucked if I know when that will happen) so they will let me use the card and at the moment is the ONLY way I can get a rifle of my own so I can get out and scratch the trigger finger which is really itchy at present. Now the howa is going to be $1099 which is more than other places so am tossing up between an RCBS reloading kit, dies and powder to go with it or also buy a B&C carbelite stock to go on the howa which Forlongs also stock at $445 just going to stick with the 7mm08 till I can buy a long action rifle in 280rem and will replace the nikko sterling scope later on.
    Good one mate.at the end of the day we will look forward to the kill report mate! dose it come with rings? i have some spare.

Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    i no you said you want 7-08 but this is quite a good buy mate
    Howa .308 lite | Trade Me
    Should be able to get it for $600 if you twist his arm.
    The only way I can get a rifle at the moment is if I book one up on HP hitting too many brick walls to try and save up and it is starting to piss me off totally being stuck at home all the time.

Neckshot it is a nikko sterling scope and Howa 1500 rifle package still going to be a while yet but hopefully not too much longer.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    The only way I can get a rifle at the moment is if I book one up on HP hitting too many brick walls to try and save up and it is starting to piss me off totally being stuck at home all the time.

Neckshot it is a nikko sterling scope and Howa 1500 rifle package still going to be a while yet but hopefully not too much longer.
    There is no need for the 'pissed off, stuck at home' feelings...you can still get out and about and explore the bush and update and improve your skills at finding and following deer without several kilos of plastic and steel slapping against your back and wearing a groove in your shoulder...hey! you never know...you may even enjoy it. Another way to relieve the frustration is to buy an ol' shitter of a .303 and take that for a walk. Realistically, most deer you will come across in the bush will be at less than 100 metres, so you don't even need a scope on it...I mean, think about it...if you can't smack an animal at 100 metres with iron sights, then you may as well stay at home and throw rocks at the neighbours cats.
    The offer is still there if you want to take a walk in my backyard. I can loan you a lever gun [.375/aim point scope] just so you feel like a hunter, not a tramper.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

I appreciate the offer Spook but I won't let anyone loan me their gear only because if anything happened to it I would not forgive myself so really prefer to use my own gear because i would not feel so stink if something happened to it plus it will teach me to be a lot more patient if I wait till I can get my own gear and yes I do have to get back up there sometime for another look when I can.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    There is no need for the 'pissed off, stuck at home' feelings...you can still get out and about and explore the bush and update and improve your skills at finding and following deer without several kilos of plastic and steel slapping against your back and wearing a groove in your shoulder...hey! you never know...you may even enjoy it. Another way to relieve the frustration is to buy an ol' shitter of a .303 and take that for a walk. Realistically, most deer you will come across in the bush will be at less than 100 metres, so you don't even need a scope on it...I mean, think about it...if you can't smack an animal at 100 metres with iron sights, then you may as well stay at home and throw rocks at the neighbours cats.
    The offer is still there if you want to take a walk in my backyard. I can loan you a lever gun [.375/aim point scope] just so you feel like a hunter, not a tramper.
    Shot my first deer with an open site 303 (and im not an old boy) likewise sneaking around without a rifle to find some deer and practice stalking is sound advice. Without the rifle you are often more observant and behave better as you are more about observing and interpretting than rushing to find a kill or let a shot off. I went through a phase of leaving the rifle at home and taking just the camera and learnt a lot about both the animals but also my own behaviour when hunting
    veitnamcam likes this.