Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By ROKTOY
  • 3 Post By TLB

Thread: howa mini magazine problem

howa mini magazine problem

ive had the rifle for 16ish months not a problem took it out for a walk today and the f'r wouldnt feed. normally have 5 rounds in at a time . it's also rattling now if i have more than 5 in it. thinking somethings gone sideways with the spring. havnt pulled it apart as i have penis fingers and dont want to make it worse.

Dead simple to open up. Even with penis fingers.
    Sounds like your spring or the follower plate has jammed. Maybe it has a bit of debris in it?

TLB
    It could be just jammed as said above.
    However the magazine springs are absolute garbage. Being 16 months might be a bit long to get a replacement, worth a shot though.
    Between a few of us guys that do full time pest control we have been through a fair few, I never leave ammo in them and don't full them right up either.
    I got a few springs made up by a local spring shop but even they have a limited life span.

pulled it to bits, was clean as a clean thing will just keep putting five in it .

The only disappointment with the Mini I’ve had is the sloppy mags. Their dimensions aren’t consistent either, I taped the body on both of mine yesterday, one took one layer and the other two. Also assumed that the bottom plate would tension up when loaded but nope, still rattles, so that’ll need sorted before I head out for the first time with it this week.
    “Age is a very high price to pay for maturity”

The one that came with my new .223 barrelled action is pretty inconsistent with feeding. Bought three new ones that seem to work (at the moment!). Mate also has a .223 one and one of his mags is crap as well.

Never had a problem with the ones I had for the 7.62x39 version.

I see MDT now make 10 round .223 magazines with metal feedlips so that should hopefully sort out the crap factory .223 mags. Wish I'd known that they were coming on the market before buying the factory ones.