Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I thought that might be it, damn YHM barrels. apparently the 10.5" is over the legal length with the right stock and just under with the wrong one just a fraction under. I have 10.5" in customs and I'll add a suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by FletchNZ View Post
    I thought that might be it, damn YHM barrels. apparently the 10.5" is over the legal length with the right stock and just under with the wrong one just a fraction under. I have 10.5" in customs and I'll add a suppressor.
    Yeah Ive got the same tube,got a skeleton with an extender, Ill take an A2 stock see how it is. May fit a brake on it. What kind of can are you looking at for it?
    a 12 inch barrel would of been better, but they only have 5.5 inch 10.5 inch and 16.

Quote Originally Posted by savageshooter View Post
    Yeah Ive got the same tube,got a skeleton with an extender, Ill take an A2 stock see how it is. May fit a brake on it. What kind of can are you looking at for it?
    a 12 inch barrel would of been better, but they only have 5.5 inch 10.5 inch and 16.
    Maybe get the 16" and get it chopped back to 12" and threaded? Got mine done for $50. I run a Magpul MOE Rifle stock to keep it legal.

Quote Originally Posted by NZShoota View Post
    Maybe get the 16" and get it chopped back to 12" and threaded? Got mine done for $50. I run a Magpul MOE Rifle stock to keep it legal.
    Yeah I thinking about dont really want to spend more its turned out to be an expensive lil rifle, but I think worth it in the long run.

Waitaki Engineering make 9mm suppressors that look good and suppress great for $250 which is perfect as I don't want to spend too much on it. Oceania Defence make a mean 9mm titanium can but the $650 price range is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by FletchNZ View Post
    Waitaki Engineering make 9mm suppressors that look good and suppress great for $250 which is perfect as I don't want to spend too much on it. Oceania Defence make a mean 9mm titanium can but the $650 price range is too much.
    That does sound good, trimming the 16" back was my back up plan to 12 inchs was my back up plan, I might habe to go with that and flick off the 10.5 inch if it wont stretch. Ill get the 9mm rethreaded to the original weird 9mm thread.

Ive got a waitaki can for the 223 but havent given it a whack yet.

the sexiest sterling i ve made.... cheers

Name:  313479587_1273087626823172_4277918159445504057_n.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  669.7 KB