Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Importing a bullpup stock from the states

The trigger "issue" is mostly in the minds of people who read internet forums - I have personally fired 3 different bullpups which had very good to excellent triggers, including a match anschutz home engineered jobbie that was very good indeed.

If you are buying a walther G22 or a $200 plastic conversion or firing an AUG which should have been replaced 10 years ago then theres your problem. If that guy is making a decent system it could be absolutely fine.

But FAAAARK that thing is an ugly pigzilla - why not go the whole hog and get a SL8 while you are at it

Just get a 10-22 (or whatever) and cut it down to minimum size - they are freaking tiny and very handy at min length. Its a .22 so barrel length past 12 inches is pretty much irrelevant.

This seems to be blatant bot marketing
    Are you even a person?

Ejected
    Soooooo just to dig up an old thread instead of starting another, and the fact the question never got answered:

I wan to import a stock from the states but the maker doesn't do international shipping, only domestically. Can anyone tell me if I need an import licence on my end, and if the person in the states needs anything special if I was to just ship it to a friend (or something like youpost) and have it shipped on. Failing that could my partner or myself fly to the states and pick it up hassle free?

And just well we are at it, folding stocks, PROS and CONS from those who have had them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Soooooo just to dig up an old thread instead of starting another, and the fact the question never got answered:

I wan to import a stock from the states but the maker doesn't do international shipping, only domestically. Can anyone tell me if I need an import licence on my end, and if the person in the states needs anything special if I was to just ship it to a friend (or something like youpost) and have it shipped on. Failing that could my partner or myself fly to the states and pick it up hassle free?

And just well we are at it, folding stocks, PROS and CONS from those who have had them.
    1. Yes you need an import permit at this end,
    2. Yes if its over a hundy $US you will need an Export permit to get it out of the US.
    3. If your mate sends it and gets caught he will most likely be a guest of the government for a while (like Mr Tipple). In my experience US authorities have no sense of humor and a sticklers for the rules

4. As for yourself going then you also need the correct paperwork to get it out If not see point 3
    Hope this helps, what was the stock
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Ejected
    Perfect cheers mikee.

Eberlestock M11 Stealth Rifle Chassis

Something like this. Not everyone cup of tea
    BRADS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Perfect cheers mikee.

Eberlestock M11 Stealth Rifle Chassis

Something like this. Not everyone cup of tea
    NZ Asia tradng are the NZ agents for these (it looks like that on the web page) you could try contacting them otherwise Brownells might do a "special order" for you. However the manufacturer would need to be "registered for export" with the US State dept for this t work
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Ejected
    Thanks for your help mikee. Do you have a link to their website? Can't seem to find it?

Edit: Don't worry I follow now. Will flick them an email.