Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sarvo Stager BLK

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: IR illuminators

This forum is frustrating. Get notified via email and every time a thread opens from an email I'm logged out, so I log in and it redirects me to the home page, then have to try find the thread I was just on.

Does it do the same to you guys?

I have always had trouble trying to go in from email. If I get an email notification, I close it then just log onto the sight. There will be a number of the notifications displayed on the very top of the page. I use that link and it takes me straight there without issue.

Cheers
    Phil
    XR500 likes this.

Well I tested again and was a bit disappointed in what I could achieve with the IR, true it will light up eyes out at 400+ but I couldn't get a shot with it.
    It struggled at 325.5yrds and it will depend on the the unit and scope along with conditions of the night.
    I went back to the company and their reference is 200m a lot less than I was told out of the UK.
    My pard 007s has a smoother picture at 325.5yrds.
    However the 940nm may be useful and I will make one in 850nm available for free to the members on this post who expressed interest in it as a trial unit, and they can post it onto the next in line.If it meets someones expectation, I'll post out a new one.
    Best I can do at this point.
    Will Put up some more pictures later.
    KH
    The Voice of Reason, Come let us Reason together...

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out @Kiwi-Hunter....more so that you invested in a number to provide something of worth to other members.
    There is a lot of hype out there on different illuminators and especially those coming from the Asian market.....that said, I have heard lots of rubbish on different illuminators on US forums as well.
    As all will know, if reading the other thread, I also bought a dud before hitting on a good one.....perhaps calling it a dud it is a little harsh.....perhaps my expectations and impression gained from different forums expected it to perform beyond the 200 meter mark that it seems to achieve quite adequately.

So, I now have a spare illuminator and a spare handheld NV device that are good out to 200 meters but struggle for anything beyond. I now have to work out if I can find some application for it or whether I should just loan them both out to others wanting to dip their toes over the edge of the "Night Vision Rabbit Hole".

Cheers
    Phil
    tetawa likes this.

GWH
    Im definitely keen to try an 850nm, am i right in thinking it will throw a fair bit further/brighter than the 940nm?

Yes it does GWH. If there is heavy humidity the vcsel seems to pick it up and the light wasn't great as it bounced around on air particles.
    But you get that with any IR if its a heavy misty night. Ive packed up and gone home quite a few times.
    The thought that they are a dud isn't quite right. I can push it to 400 but not through the scope and I was given wrong information on there capabilities.
    Having said that, the specs turned out to be 200m, well they do that and running it! the Pard will last all night.
    I am asking a few questions, but vcsel (lazer) is a problem with import! if they are high range. At this point we can have a 5w on the pard they also make the Pard with no IR for some parts of Europe. Don't need to fill in the gaps of this thinking. Russ Douglas on the UK night vision forum is about to do some more IR reviews, I will link it to this post when it comes out, just as a way of education on where things are at. Some of the units are for me to big to be useful if you are moving around, but okay for the English foxers
    KH
    GWH, Marty Henry and Phil_H like this.

I stand corrected on the no IR on the pard it's for parts of the USA market not Europe it has a (red) lazer band in Germany.
    I be told and this from Pard.
    KH
    Last edited by Kiwi-Hunter; 19-10-2021 at 10:43 PM.

IR torch

Finally after being sent back to China and being reposted again have arrived.
    I'll test them to make sure they all go and then setup the free forum torch for trying out to those who expressed interest.
    I will post out the first one and in turn will be posted by that member to the next member and hopefully endup back at me.
    Hopefully this will work, unless someone has another idea.
    I only have 8 hosts torches with 850nm and 4 extra 940nm pills.
    There may be a change in who wants what.
    Not sure on postage cost at this point.
    Cost will probably be 50.00 with postage.
    I haven't sat down and worked out all of my costs yet.
    Who was interested.
    TBL
    Quentin 940nm.
    Mintie
    GWH
    If you want to try the forum one first in 850nm contact me with your details.
    Same applies for buying.

KH
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I’d be keen on a 850nm torch if available
    Kiwi-Hunter likes this.

Test pictures

The test was simple as I only needed to see if all had their 3 mod and worked.
    I think that external is okay, but I haven't been able to push 400 yards in the scope good enough, but no problem just looking through the Pard by itself. There's alot of adjustment to not make it as an intense beam.
    KH
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    tetawa, GWH and chainsaw like this.

I have pm six of those who expressed interest in the IR.
    That leaves the forum one and one spare at this point.
    Will know on reply, what's going to be available. I don't want to repeat the bringing them in again at this point.
    There are still three 940nm pills available.
    KH
    tetawa and GWH like this.

Four are packed ready for postage, tracking details have been sent.
    Thanks to those who have responded.
    KH
    GWH and quentin like this.

There are two left in 850nm and there are three 940nm pill as well for switching out.
    But remember! Those who buy Night vision won't have a normal life.
    When I choose the avatar and username of Kiwi-hunter all those years ago, little did I know o how nocturnal I would become
    KH
    Last edited by Kiwi-Hunter; 01-11-2021 at 09:12 AM.
    GWH, chainsaw, quentin and 1 others like this.

Great illuminator @Kiwi-Hunter.
    Easily outshines the inbuilt Pard illuminator, and for a IR940nm illuminator, thats quite a feat. At a zoom that will fill the scopes field of view, I can clearly see the barns at 500m. Zooming it into a smaller spot, well in excess of that. I just need to wait for a 30mm windage and elevation adjustable mount, and I'll be set.

Name:  2021-11-05_22-30-19.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  240.6 KB

Name:  2021-11-05_22-44-13.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  245.3 KB
    Trout, tetawa, Kiwi-Hunter and 2 others like this.

Pleased to here the first report on it, I have mixed views as my scope may not be up to the task or the new 007s doesn't respond that good to it.
    But I initially had seen it with out the scope and certainly had the distance for a small unit.
    Is that the 008 Quentin? My pictures weren't as good.
    Thanks for your post.
    KH